Thread: Birmingham merges with Derby-Manchester-Sheffield.. the join

Default Birmingham merges with Derby-Manchester-Sheffield.. the join

Birmingham merges with Derby-Manchester-Sheffield.. the join, trains now running between Burton upon Trent and Manchester / Sheffield. copy and pasting tiles between the routes means all scenery etc done....

merge.jpg
    the joining
    Image2.jpg
    First train
    1.jpg
    leaving outskirts Burton
    John Griffiths
    (jetgriff)

Invercargill New Zealand

Impressive John, does it cover the full 90 miles between Birmingham and Sheffield ?

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

working on it... it only took 2 days to do Burton to Derby because all scenery etc just merged over.. Give me a week or 2 and it will be covered.. the bit between Ambergate via Chesterfield will take longer because none is done of that section..
    But you can run to Sheffield and Manchester via the Peak Line...
    John Griffiths
    (jetgriff)

Invercargill New Zealand

No rush John, just wondered as i prefer long routes rather than branch lines or short sections of longer routes.

I will definitely have a look at it once you have finished, though.

Thanks for all the hard work, it takes to create a route.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Downloaded this route today; impressive, although at Derby there are two signal boxes missing. One is the Derby North box(junction of Chaddesden sidings and the main line north), and the other is Engine Sidings No 6.

cheers Glory, these are only beta testers that I backup to Dropbox, but put links to them on my pages so people can follow progress etc. because critical comments are welcome saves me time that I can use to go further into Birmingham...
    Lots of changes to be made around Derby and on into Birmingham as I copied and pasted tiles from my Birmingham 2010 route so a lot of signal boxes, signals to add and housing estates to be demolished and sidings added..
    Getting there though.
    A service will be able to run by next week from Birmingham to Manchester and Sheffield albeit along semi converted time periods...
    You may notice I hashed up Derby London Road because I have up up , down down lines there instead of up down, up down..
    John Griffiths
    (jetgriff)

Invercargill New Zealand

John,

It wasn't meant as criticism; it's just that having lived in Derbyshire all of my life I have followed the railways for many a year.

Before this route came out I was trying to retro your Birmingham 2010 to a time in the mid 1980's, when Willington Power Station still operated. I used to live not far from the power station so when the opportunity arose out came the camera to record the passing scene, and also the changes which Derby station underwent.

ok glory no criticism found...

just good banter on the line in BR days....
    John Griffiths
    (jetgriff)

Invercargill New Zealand