Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1940_lhr.zip

Question 1940_lhr.zip

I'll Keep this Simple!
    Is the L&HR Route 1940_lhr.zip Dated 02-19-2009 and it's Updates a New Version of the Original L&HR?
    If So Can the Activities Issued Prior to 02-19-2009 from the Earlier Route be Used in the Newer Route?
    Thankyou,
    DaveKfromUP

I believe the 1940s version has additional track, specifically the NYO&W which is abandoned in the later era versions of the route, plus probably some other intersecting lines. I have no idea what activities work between which versions and which eras. It is possible that some activities for the 1940s era version has AI trains running on track that is non-existing in the later era versions.

SO.... It looks like if you want it so bad, its up to you to keep track of which era of route, 1940s or 1970s, the activities are for and attempt to apply them only to the proper era. Worst case scenario, copy your LHR OR installation for whatever era you are messing with into a test copy, add it via the content tab, and install the activities you wish to try into that test copy, and report back to US. If it craps, then delete the test install. You could have done this in less time than making multiple posts here, fishing for answers that are long gone.

My hunch is you cannot cross eras, but activities can bridge different versions within each era.
    Last edited by geepster775; 11-12-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsburg View Post

I'll Keep this Simple!
    Is the L&HR Route 1940_lhr.zip Dated 02-19-2009 and it's Updates a New Version of the Original L&HR?
    If So Can the Activities Issued Prior to 02-19-2009 from the Earlier Route be Used in the Newer Route?
    Thankyou,
    DaveKfromUP
    So not content with a rude response on the other thread you posted on this subject, you start another equally rude one? Folk on this forum generally bend over backwards to help.

Perhaps you need to articulate your queries more clearly. Alternatively you can always read the "read me's" or download the stuff and find out for yourself.

"Manners maketh the man"
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I'm going to put in a little plug here for skyline computing's activity generator. (http://skylinecomputing.com/SLG.htm) You can have unlimited activities for routes that have a template (which both L&HR routes have, I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    I'm going to put in a little plug here for skyline computing's activity generator. (http://skylinecomputing.com/SLG.htm) You can have unlimited activities for routes that have a template (which both L&HR routes have, I believe).
    TOP TIP! second that solution . Probably one of the top utilities that's been made for MSTS (and therefore OR)
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Thankyou geepster,
    I E-mailed Richard Shirey and He Said I would have to Use Activity Editor to make the Older Activities Work Due to Different Track Data Bases.
    One Problem is that Not All of the Activities State What Route They Are Designed to Work on.
    DaveKfromUP

The Problem is that the Read Me's don't Always Tell What Version of the Route they are for!!!!
    I E-Mailed Rich Shirey who Created the Routes and he Explained to me that I would Have to Use Activity Editor Due to Changes in the Track Data Base.
    Funny Thing is I Asked him the Same Basic Questions I Asked here and He Didn't Seem to Have A Problem Understanding What I Wanted to Know!!!!!
    DaveKfromUP

As he is the author of the route, I am sure he has been asked that question many times before.
    Cheers
    Derek

Its too bad but the world attitude to be nasty and sarcastic has invaded our forums here, & surprisingly it seems to be the older long time members who have many problems HELPING newbee's. No patience, nasty attitude, sarcasm seems to be the way here instead of the help it was meant to be. Unfortunately we are all not computer smart experts like a lot of the older members. Midal helps males too!
    Rick

Hi DaveK,
    May I suggest that you install an activity into whichever version of the route you have and if it doesn't work, use my utility MSTS_ActMan (msts_actman.zip from the file library) to remove it.

Cheers,
    Ged