Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Danny Beck Locomotives as starting points

Default Danny Beck Locomotives as starting points

Hello, of late there are some nice locomotives showing up in the F/L that require Danny Beck's fine locomotives as a base. I seem to recall that there was a grouping of D/B original locos available from another site.

Is it still available to get these? or have they completely gone. A search of the F/L yielded 15 pages of D/B referenced locomotives, not the ones required for the two latest uploads.

On another note, I have downloaded, quite a while ago, the MARC_GP40WH-2_62 but it will not function, it says "invalid format" for the shape file, any help to correct this please?

Thank You for any assistance.

Hi Don,
    Sorry I can't help with locating Danny Beck's locos, but I can, sort of, help with the GP40 you mentioned. This loco, along with several others in the file library, are based on Danny's GP60M, and they all suffer from "Invalid S File" when trying to use Shape Viewer and "Unknown format" with Shape File Manager. However, the good news is that they display perfectly OK in MSTS and Open Rails

Maybe it's Danny's way to stop anybody from modifying his shape??!!

Cheers,
    Ged

There are some of his older engines available on Dale Rickert's site (siskurail.com). You have to register, and the site may not be up anymore, but if it is, they'll probably be there

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    There are some of his older engines available on Dale Rickert's site (siskurail.com). You have to register, and the site may not be up anymore, but if it is, they'll probably be there
    site appears to be down.

Hi folks,
    I have most of Danny's set that he shared to the public before he went silent. I won't upload the whole set out of respect to Danny, but I can share a few individual ones. Please PM me and let me know which ones you need.
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Hi,
    Unfortunately, the domain expired 16 October 2017.
    It is available on the WaybackMachine site, but its login isn't working.

I've archived all the stock from that site, but I need to check if it's shareable outside of the siskurail site.
    One point - it doesn't contain the required GP60M loco!

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 11-14-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Sharing any of Danny's files isn't a problem. This is from the readme included with the shapes he provided.

"These are files I am releasing to the public from my personal library. I (Danny Beck) am the original author of these files and
    have decided to make them freeware. Feel free to reskin them as you like. Feel free to share these files as you like.
    Contained are only the .S and .ACE files. You will need to create your own phyics files, sound files, etc. Streamlines or myself are not
    responsible for offering support regarding these files.

Enjoy!"
    Jim

From what Jim says, Danny doesn't have any problem with sharing them. So, unless someone has objections, I can zip them up and upload them to the file library. Oh, and I do have the Conrail SD-60i you need for this latest reskin.

Any problems?
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by geekman View Post
    From what Jim says, Danny doesn't have any problem with sharing them. So, unless someone has objections, I can zip them up and upload them to the file library. Oh, and I do have the Conrail SD-60i you need for this latest reskin.
    Any problems?

Do it !!
    The file library has very few US files to download.
    It just could maintain some interest in the SIM.

Thanks Larry. I would be very grateful to get a look at all of Danny's work. I've always enjoyed his texture work but know there's a bit I haven't seen. An upload would be great, please.
    Cheers!
    Pete