Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He's in Germany now!

Default He's in Germany now!

The unshaven train engineer/driver has moved on from Britain and is now working in Germany, according to some DTG blurb I received this morning.

He gets around, this bloke; can't hold down a job for very long.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

You'll have to start calling him Boomer!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57...Rapid_Transit/
    Not on my "To Do" list, but just showing their highlights.
    Interested in all Train-Sims

Looks like another modern route with plastic lifeless trains.

DTG should known from their RW/TS experience the German market is, if anything, even more demanding and fickle than their other markets. There is a real chance they will get their fingers burned on this - far fewer fanbois prepared to drop their cash and then bully others who do not share their blind optimism.

It is also rather sad to see they continue to plough ahead with TSW regardless of all the outstanding issues both the existing versions still have and the continuing lack of editors.
    Vern.

On a certain other forum they are praising how good it looks but what good's that after you've run the half dozen or so scenarios, if you can get through them without getting bored.

I bought CSX and GWR but fool me once, fool me twice, they're not getting me a third time.

I have no interest at all in European routes or railways.

Particularly modern day commuter rubbish.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Having travelled a fair bit in Europe (the joys of free passes!) in the early 80's I became quite fond of the scene, particularly all the old second class stock in the likes of Germany and Switzerland with hard plastic seats - even on long distance expresses. I can understand to some extent DTG's eagerness to do a European route but have to wonder, rather than a modern German commuter route they didn't look at doing one of the more iconic Swiss routes (such as the Gotthard) with a period setting which would have a far greater appeal and might even have persuaded the sceptical/cynical to take a punt.
    Vern.

I bet the TSW creator's are betting this new route will be the winning key to success. My guess the next release will be the Paris subway!

Nah I reckon either the old Aldwych branch of the Piccadilly Line (London Underground), Stourbridge Jn to Stourbridge Town (...but we have the full timetable of 3 minute journeys for the whole day) or at a pinch the Volks Electric Railway at Brighton.

On second thoughts scratch that last one as they would have to construct unique and interesting stock as well as a route though short is quite iconic. On a summer day quite handy for looking at the "peaches on the beaches" (old Stranglers musical reference)...

From the discussion at other forums looks as if the new route is only going to be about 30km some of which in tunnel and one modern electric Talent style MU.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    The unshaven train engineer/driver has moved on from Britain and is now working in Germany, according to some DTG blurb I received this morning. He gets around, this bloke; can't hold down a job for very long.
    Wearing a businessman's hat, for a moment, one would have thought, that if over 90% of customers/end-users in this game/simulator are male, that they would get a pretty Fräulein in full DB uniform to have her photo taken for this version, but, no, not a chance, we have to put up with this scruffy individual who very few of us would probably use as a model to demonstrate our business wares, especially, as the demographic warrants it and DTG desperately need as much cash as they can get their hands on right now, why are we not surprised that they can't even get their product marketing up to scratch, never mind that the actual product itself is hardly of any interest to anyone outside of Germany, and going by the responses on their forum, they aren't that impressed, either.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 12-03-2017 at 05:08 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.