Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating reversed locomotives

Default Creating reversed locomotives

On Cab Type Locomotives can the Unit Be Modified so it will Be in the Reversed or Trailing Direction?
    If so is it Something that can be Done with the in the Trainset File for that Unit?
    Can it be Done for Other Hood Units Also?
    Thank you,
    DaveKfromUP

I think you could do this by creating a duplicate but separate file utilizing the "Rotate" function in SFM. It works for scenery items, so I cannot see why it would not work for Locomotives.

For instance it would end up "BNSF_SD40_2014" as the original, and "BNSF_SD40_2014R" as the reversed unit. I have not tried this, but have thought about it after looking at Payware Reversed Locomotives like those from 3D-Trains.

SFM 'reverse" mode will do what you want. Have used this many time in the past but it isn't as important anymore after BIN and OR.

Why don't you just "Flip" them in the consist?

Cause I Need to Reverse them in the Loose Consist File!
    For Instance I Have NYO&W F3A 821A, 821B, 822B, 822A. The Consist Looks Fine Except that 822A is Facing the Same way as 821A.
    That's Why I Need to Reverse it.
    DaveKfromUP

I still don't understand.

You can create a consist and flip the last unit so it faces backwards and then use that as a loose consist.

That seems a lot easier than messing around with SFM to reverse the actual model.

I Might Try that Too but Can I Substitute it for the Existing Consist in the Loose Consist File?
    I Downloaded and Installed SFM and it Works so I Might Just Go With That.
    Either that or I will Create a Reversed File for Certain Units to Give Me More Options.
    Thank you,
    DaveKfromUP

Thank you lineman,
    I Downloaded and Installed SFM and it did the Job. I Still May Need to Create a Series of Reversed Unit Files.
    Can I Go Into the File and Create a Reversed File of a Particular Engine?
    DaveKfromUP

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsburg View Post
    I Still May Need to Create a Series of Reversed Unit Files.

No, you don't need to do that just to flip one unit in a loose consist. You need to find out how to flip the unit directionally via the consist editor of your choice. No need to create a bunch of needless redundant wag files like we did in 2002 before we had the current tools.

Quote Originally Posted by latimers View Post

That seems a lot easier than messing around with SFM to reverse the actual model.

Sometimes, people like overthinking the simple things!