Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas uploads

Default Christmas uploads

I've recently sent a few sets of Ted Curphey reskins to Gerry for ORTS include files to be written and depending on how much spare time Gerry and I can find in the next few weeks, I'd hope to add them to the file library prior to Christmas. The sets will number 122 wagons in total. A mix of around 30 SRY boxcars, a similar number of Simplot reefers, a couple of sets of various "beaten up" hoppers and some sets of old ICG & KCS hoppers. The boxcars and reefers will be no good for those who don't like graffiti though I'm afraid, but I balanced it by making sure all the hoppers were graffiti free.

I'm also hoping to do a large set of Jeff/Bernard autorack reskins during January. They'll be a set of "modern era" racks from the major roads in a mix of clean and graffiti. At this early stage, those sets could rival the original numbers of those great rack models that Jeff and Bernard made available and Andrey and I have also discussed a set of (majority) CSX, UMAX & Pacer well loads for the UP & CSX fans after the racks are finished.

I guess my question is, are other people willing to join me? We don't need to rake over the coals as far as what the major factor in people closing websites and no longer sharing was, but if that gentleman's intent was to kill the hobby, with a few obvious exceptions the rest of us have made it easy by rolling over and playing dead.

Until a year or so ago, my first online activity most mornings was a check of new releases at this site but I rarely bother now as the situation we currently have is pathetic. There can't be many of us who have been around for a while who haven't done a reskin/repaint of an SLI model or a freeware one we have (or could get) permission to share and wouldn't it be good, especially in the lead up to Christmas to see some new content starting to flow again?

As was demonstrated with the Danny Beck models I uploaded on behalf of Larry, not knowing how to upload shouldn't stop anyone. If you find the upload instructions difficult, ask for a volunteer to help and I'm sure someone will step up.

Perhaps the sharing side of the U.S. part of the hobby really is dead?? I'm happy to do my part to try to get some content happening again but I am wondering if anyone else is willing to put their hand up to do the same. Any takers?
    Cheers!
    Pete

Pete,
    thanks for your kindness in doing this package, train sim is not dead at my computer lol
    Tim

I might be putting my foot in it again ,actually both feet and my neck!!!

But i have had these since around 2005, They were given to me by a friend at the time
    Not sure who made them or if he did? i think i have a good idea has i was friends with this person at the time.
    They will not take MLT or SLI shape files so its not there creation.

some locos will take sli textures with a bit of fiddling about, the sd70 and sd60 being two of them.
    I did have a few more odd locos but they have been sadly lost over time. yes they look like Mlt but there textures do not fit.

IF some knows who made them i would be grateful to know, IF no knows or owns up grateful.

perhaps if no one owns up to them being there creation may be i could pass them on for some one upload?

I did say i was sticking my neck out on this, so hopefully i won't get Stung like the last post!!

There are a few more odd locos and plenty of freight cars.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Wow Pete, these sound great. Thanks for your efforts - they are greatly appreciated!

Pete is the
    CN:
    SD40-2W
    SD40-2U
    SD60F

In these next packs?
    Rick
    http:\\mononrr.com
    MONON-2

The Wayback Machine has the general public MSTS downloads page in the 2005 archive for www.cpr.ca. See: https://web.archive.org/

I haven't been able to find the MSTS files at CP's current website.

I believe those were MLT models.
    Last edited by mikeebb; 12-05-2017 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Clean up - will need to search at Internet Archive - deep links don't work.

Hi Pete,

Seems like a lot of interest but not a lot of new content to share. I put some time in yesterday to finally finish off the IC GP9s and MidSouth GP10s. Once I can figure out how to get the steam generator exhaust to work (info at ET is mildly confusing), I'll upload all of them. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to whip up something new and unseen before Christmas.

I'm glad to hear that Gerry is doing the hopper physics. I really wanted to do that, too, but I've got 15 different things going at once and haven't even started on that project. My forecast of what I can accomplish in a period of time is not always accurate! I also bought Train Sim World at the last sale, and after the partial corruption of one of my texture templates I walked away from MSTS and modeling for a few weeks. TSW is relatively fun, another simulation that is almost there but misses the mark. I restored most of the texture template in a few hours yesterday, enough to make GP9 blank textures and get the WIP GP18 back on track.

Thanks again for the new content, and good luck in drumming up some more support!

Tyler

I too should have something exciting uploaded here for Christmas, providing the real ones are painted and released by then.
    Maxwell Brisben
    President of Northern Vermont Locomotive Works
    Photographer at Hollow View Photography
    Texture Artist at BLW Productions/Zosa Trains

Oh boy......got me thinking now Max!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Oh boy......got me thinking now Max!
    I was asked to adapt a current paint scheme to "new" used engines for this specific railroad. They wanted to see what a 3D computer model looked like before blowing $20,000 on painting the real thing.
    Maxwell Brisben
    President of Northern Vermont Locomotive Works
    Photographer at Hollow View Photography
    Texture Artist at BLW Productions/Zosa Trains