Thread: Locating Local Power Units Apart From Their Industries in Run8 World

Default Locating Local Power Units apart from their Industries in Run8 World

I thought I knew everything there was to know about Run8 but clearly I do not.

I know there is a list of local power units when you pull up Left-CTRL-L menu. Under "Industry Cars" you select the local and the freight cars are listed where the selected local serves. The transport feature under "Industry Configuration" jumps to the industry but not to the local power unit if it is parked somewhere else.

I have a few questions:

1.Is there a way I can transport to the Local Power Units specifically wherever they are? Is there a way to Transport (Jump) to each individual power unit in the system: e:g LS906J instead of the Industry it serves. They are not listed under the AI menu if they aren`t selected by the user. How do I find the specific power unit (if I have never selected it) which is listed as the local if I do not know where it is when it is away from the specified industry?

2.What happens when I create another local and it`s a double of the one already in existence? Does it pick up the original switch list as
    well?

Note: In the case below (in the pics) it is easy because I created the Local and the local power is a hundred yards down the road on a siding from the 84L (Lumber Industry). But in many cases I have no clue where most of the local power units are.

Please enlighten me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ezra; 12-06-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Transport as you mentioned only works for an AI controlled train, or a player controlled train in the various screens.

If you take the nearest available engines and retag them to the local name, you would then inherit the switch list. Doesn't matter how many units have the same tag. Often a local may have 2 or 3 units with the same tag. Whatever unit you are in control of determines the train's tag for those lists.

Thanks

Sean

Well that sounds simple enough Sean. I wondered about that in terms of there being a conflict with additional locals. I guess its a bit of a cheat as well if someone doesn't have the time to transit a "fixed" original that might be miles away. On the other hand it`s a good time saver as well.

Cool. Thank You
    Last edited by Ezra; 12-06-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Yeah often a local power say Barstow may have their units assigned to various jobs through the day. So changing the symbol may be quite common for a day, evening, and night run. If you create an industry out of yard tracks as well and name your switcher by the same name you'll get an inventory of every car in the yard. This includes the bowl tracks of a hump if you want. I think I have a YouTube of it from about a month ago when I did it in Florida.

Lots of other cheats such as having a local that over time will revert as if it was at an industry (if your looking to run more than locals or don't have the time or people etc.).

Thanks

Sean