Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSW : Rapid Transit bundles and sales

Default TSW : Rapid Transit bundles and sales

Anyone bought this able to put up a review etc. as I'm definitely not buying this one on faith alone!
    Vern.

Run a few Rail-sim.de threads through Google Translate or watch the Youtube player review videos.

When you have TSW:GWR you won't gain much by acquiring TSW:RT other than loads of new bugs and frustration.
    The passenger operations don't differ much from Paddington-Reading and the Leipzig route is even more lifeless than the London route.

The potential is there, the graphics can look very good, but there is still lots of work for DTG to do, read bug fixes, updates, delivering promises, editors, documentation, etc.

In the end it all comes down to what standards you expect from TSW and how much faith you have in DTG's financial stamina, programming skills, R&D, QA and marketing.
    Last edited by Edwin; 12-15-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

The only thing that DTG excel in, in fact, you could actually give them a prestigious award for it, they could win the Superbowl of hyperbole.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 12-16-2017 at 05:39 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Anyone bought this able to put up a review etc. as I'm definitely not buying this one on faith alone!
    Have a look at some of the reviews and screenshots on Steam, Vern, then, make up your mind.

This is a German S-Bahn route layout, underground stations with pretty tiles on the wall and plenty of dark tunnels, how exciting to look at, along with a boring 60 mile route with no freight yards/trains, only 1 EMU, the same scenery buildings and trees for mile after mile after mile, and virtually no AI and the same scenarios with the same train, in different weather patterns at different times of the day, but, you're still driving the same train, however, the graphics I understand are absolutely outstanding, one must not forget the good point!!!!

Is this what you want to pay £25 for, oh, and don't forget the included bugs.

Cheerz. Steve.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1231540215

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1231541689
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 12-16-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    the only thing that dtg excel in, in fact, you could actually give them a prestigious award for it, they could win the superbowl of hyperbole.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha, oh yes.
    Yma O Hyd

I will keep my money snug and safe for something worthwhile, then. I did have a forlorn flicker of hope that DTG might have taken note and got their act together for this third iteration of the game. Sadly it seems not and they really need to go back to the drawing board both in terms of the choices they have made and what the end user wants when bringing their next gen product to market. At the least they need to bin UE4 and Simugraph which do not seem to be easy bedfellows.
    Vern.

Whats next from DTG, trams, streetcars?

TSW isn't going anywhere soon.

The German players have had a few runs up and down the line, found lots of bugs and errors, and mostly abandoned the game in just two days. German board has gone awfully quiet.

Without a consist and scenario editor, the game has very limited play value compared to good ol' RailWorks.

Regarding to game architecture, I don't think DTG will abandon UE4, as it essentially means abandoning TSW for good.
    Simugraph and other choices however? Are there alternative physics engines?

I think the main obstacles at the moment are the scripting required to tie the player, the trains and the world together. Here DTG's programmers really seem to struggle in making ends meet.

For me, I have bought the 3 routes released so far: USA, UK and GER and that will be all until DTG starts delivering their promises:
    - a real railroad simulation, not a pretty one train to-and-fro game, with real train physics and immersion
    - train and activity editors that allow user creativity

TSW has great potential, now DTG just needs to start working on it in earnest.
    Last edited by Edwin; 12-29-2017 at 05:15 AM.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

Quote Originally Posted by seaboardairline View Post
    Whats next from DTG, trams, streetcars?
    Were it done properly with a decent stab at a heritage era route - wouldn't be too bad. However if one thing is apparent from TSW it is DTG's penchant for doing modern projects so you would probably get Blackpool with the Flexities or Croydon (the latter might be okay).

I had a Steam voucher off my missus for Xmas and *almost* gave into temptation. In the end I bought Elite Dangerous plus the Horizons add-on, figured it was well overdue a purchase. I'm pleased to say that's one title where preconceptions formed from feedback elsewhere have not so far materialized. Very enjoyable albeit at present I'm just grinding courier missions in the start systems to make credits for a bigger ship. Not totally happy about the "rebuy" idea - whereby if you prang your ship you need to have 5% of the total value in credits to get it back - but at the beginner level, not too insidious. Might be more of an issue when I get my Anaconda or Imperial Corvette and need to keep around 100mill spare to cover a few crashes, though!
    Vern.