Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Central

Beta testing the new AWESOME BLW-ZT set......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

It Looks like Trainz UTC 1.5! I've done similar stuff in Paintshed!

Thanks!

Christopher Tarana

What a great train that was. Almost worth writing a song about!

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    what a great train that was. Almost worth writing a song about!
    Har!

Great stuff ...but.

But What?

Well with the Beta of B&O West End released I'm sure there's many like me wondering how a new B&O pack is coming along?

Had the original B&O pack for years now but it's looking pretty basic compared to the newer packs. The later C&O pack has much more in it, and of course real B&O fans will know that after the merger C&O and B&O stock and loco's were often seen in the same consists.

I realise that there's a lot of B&O traction in individual loco packs but there's a shortage of the original diesel livery, all blue heavyweights (seen on most steam hauled passenger trains) and baggage and RPO cars (of which the B&O seems to have had just about any type ever to run on US rails?).

Not a "Gimmie now" post Rick it's just that a while back you mentioned one was in development?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Let's just say a lot of the work that I put into the CoNO set will easily transfer to B&O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't worries Geoff i work on updated B&O pack, but is a lots of work, this pack released in 2006 (already 14 years old)

i need to rework textures and many may parts (boogies, wheels, steam lines etc..) on each cars and engines

stay tune

Gaetan

Quote Originally Posted by gbel2001 View Post
    Don't worries Geoff i work on updated B&O pack, but is a lots of work, this pack released in 2006 (already 14 years old)

i need to rework textures and many may parts (boogies, wheels, steam lines etc..) on each cars and engines

stay tune

Gaetan
    Time flies when we're having fun Gaetan .

Just a thought but most of us who's interest is in the transition era and the gradual decline in US Passenger traffic will know (as I'm sure you do too) that towards the end, just before Amtrak was created, the roads still running scheduled passenger services often ran consists that were a complete "Hotch Potch" of different makes, shapes and age of parcels/baggage cars and sealed postal cars usually with just one passenger car tagged on the end.

A pack of different parcel/baggage cars and postal (RPO and Sealed) cars could be a useful add on, just as the Caboose pack was? User repaints would add to their usefulness and attract sales of such a pack too?

Most of the freeware Heavyweights are out of scale so even a pack of revised models of those would be good.

Thanks for the update
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Time flies when we're having fun Gaetan .

Just a thought but most of us who's interest is in the transition era and the gradual decline in US Passenger traffic will know (as I'm sure you do too) that towards the end, just before Amtrak was created, the roads still running scheduled passenger services often ran consists that were a complete "Hotch Potch" of different makes, shapes and age of parcels/baggage cars and sealed postal cars usually with just one passenger car tagged on the end.

A pack of different parcel/baggage cars and postal (RPO and Sealed) cars could be a useful add on, just as the Caboose pack was? User repaints would add to their usefulness and attract sales of such a pack too?

Most of the freeware Heavyweights are out of scale so even a pack of revised models of those would be good.

Thanks for the update
    Chris Parker and I have discussed this quite a bit... I think maybe some 'regional' sets of heavyweight head end equipment is a good idea, especially some 'undecorated' pullman green models. (AFTER THE B&O SET)....

Just don't compare it to the caboose set. Pretty sure that was our least popular set!!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    Chris Parker and I have discussed this quite a bit... I think maybe some 'regional' sets of heavyweight head end equipment is a good idea, especially some 'undecorated' pullman green models. (AFTER THE B&O SET)....Rick
    Looking at all my B&O books Rick it would seem that by the end of most roads passenger service the amalgamations that had already started to take place meant that many consists had stock from a variety of sources. Maybe not quite the mixed bag that Early Amtrak consists had but certainly a mix of lightweight and heavyweight (the latter from various manufacturers, different roof styles etc.) and with the C&O by then in charge of the B&O these mixes were happening long before they came up with the "Chessie" rebrand. The online picture sites are great for individual loco's and wagons but I find you have to go to the printed medium to find many pictures of entire trains? .....happy to scan shots for reference if that helps.
    Geoff
    UK