Thread: In-game Announcements

Default In-game Announcements

Hi Everyone!
    After playing a lot of MSTS, I am now thinking of switching to Railworks or TS as it is known now!
    I wanted to ask as the title says, are in game announcements possible in TS??
    Like I want to build a Subway route and I want the "next station is..." announcement to be well....announced when the particular station is approaching!
    So can this be done in TS??
    The announcement should only be audible in passenger and cab view!
    I think it can be done but don't know the correct procedure for it!
    Hope to get a quick reply!
    Thanks in Advance!
    Aadit

I have been trying to do this for years. As far as I know, it's impossible. I've done everything my limited imagination can think of, and nothing ever worked.

Someone else might have more info, but from my experience, it can't be done.
    Tom
    TS20XX/World of Subways
    Current Project: NJT Midwest Division

Quote Originally Posted by railfan101 View Post
    I have been trying to do this for years. As far as I know, it's impossible. I've done everything my limited imagination can think of, and nothing ever worked.
    Someone else might have more info, but from my experience, it can't be done.
    Hi it is possible!! After a bit of research i found that wcml trent valley route has a unit named class 350 or so in which announcements are there. I just dont know how it is done!

Could be generic announcements attached to the train rather than location specific which trigger off the route?
    Vern.

It might be trigger sounds at specific points but scripts in WCML are compiled to out format.