Thread: Microsoft Train Simulator Editors and tool issue

Angry Microsoft Train Simulator Editors and tool issue

MSTS EDITORS AND TOOLS Not responding after closing without do anything
    what problem is this when i try to run as admin it has normal close without any APPHangs

I'm not entirely clear on your issue, but top-level advice for avoiding hangs when using the editors and tools is:

1) Make sure your display is set to 16-bit colour depth (maybe 24-bit works too?).
    2) If you installed to the default "Program Files" directory, always run with administrative privileges.

Point #2 is part of the reason that people tend to suggest installing MSTS to a location other than the default directory.

Point #2 is part of the reason that people tend to suggest installing MSTS to a location other than the default directory.
    It's pretty much a requirement if you expect to add any equipment or routes to your installation.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

should i reinstall MSTS Patch 1.4 TO fix this eRROr

should i try to delete AE REgistry

Also crucially OP has not posted any hardware or O/S details - as we know, vanilla MSTS runs on fewer and fewer configurations and if he has an ATI/AMD graphics card + Win 10 the chap is stuffed!
    Vern.

Atharv, you're going to need to provide us with more information. Some helpful examples include:

1) Your system specifications, operating system and graphics card being the most critical.
    2) The location to which you've installed MSTS (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator).
    3) More details regarding the issue you're encountering: Does MSTS run fine but the editors and tools don't? Do the tools work fine when run with Administrative privileges? Which specific tool are you trying to use? Etc.
    4) Anything else that might be pertinent (e.g. is MSTS-Bin installed?).

Without at least some of the above information, we won't be able to help much beyond general tips as already given.

sumitsingh Guest

Goku's TSRE5 can be used to make ativities.
    MSTS have many errors with Win10.

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitsingh View Post
    MSTS have many errors with Win10.
    PLEASE, don't exaggerate!!
    MSTS has a few problems with Win 10, most of which also applied to Win 7 but by following the Steam4Me tutorial, it will work correctly.
    (http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/i...g_msts_w7.html)
    As far as I know, the only hurdle which can't be overcome is that the newer AMD drivers can't be used which means only NVIDIA cards/drivers run MSTS successfully. NOTE : A procedure which enables AMD cards to be used was published on elvastower.com some time ago, but I've not tested it.

Cheers,
    Ged

No further response from OP... If his hardware is lacking, then not much point suggesting he gives TANE (Trainz) or DTG (TS20xx) as a possible alternative. Though of course both will run quite happily on an ATI card.
    Vern.