Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back!

Default I'm back!

Wow it feels so good to be back here! I finally have my new computer and it is doing really good. After my old computer CPU went I was sure I had lost the hard drive as well, but I didn't! But come to find out the hard drive was slowly failing as well.

Lucky for me I was able to save all my train files so I was able to transfer them over to the new hard drive. Beyond that I had some medical stuff that needed to be taken care of. So right now all is good I'm just avoiding people cause of the flu. Not to mention I am still having issues 8 months after they took out just one tooth and broke the nerve inside so i have this one area I can't feel nothing.

Once I get everything reset up I will be back at painting cars once again. I hope everyone is well and had a wonderful holiday!

Much love Michelle.

P.S. He who can't be named keeps trying to get me to join some group.

Welcome back and glad to hear your computer troubles have passed.
    chris
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    Welcome back and glad to hear your computer troubles have passed.
    chris
    thank you! i sure miss painting so much. will be nice to get back into it. Right now I have some issues with some routes and Kosmos. I can't get the routs to restore at all and it's just making some major errors.

An essential file is missing and open rails can not continue.
    C/rogram files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train
    Simulator\ROUTES\Crawford\ENVFILES\Badlands_Summer Clear3.env

I tried to restore the orginal env but nothing is happening and this is not the only route with this issue some just have just a blue back ground and others the sky texture just repeats.

Welcome back, Michelle. As to your .env issue--if you're just going to be using OpenRails, uncheck the "Use MSTS Environments" option, and the route should load in OR. If you get bored with the sky textures in OR, there are some kinda nifty ones available here in TS to use in OR as alternatives. The big issue with those is that any update to OR overwrites them with the original sky files, but that's easy enough to fix. Personally, I've had poor luck with the MSTS/Kosmos environments looking right in OR, anyway. Besides, I like using the dynamic weather changes now available in the recent experimental OR releases.

Oh, and your new computer setup (if it's Windows 7, 8 or 10) likely hates having MSTS in the Program files (X86) folder. Anything later than XP will often choke on that. Finally, I always set up my Desktop shortcut for OR to the "Run as Administrator" option. That will also avoid a lot of issues. I hope all of that helps.

You didn't really install your MSTS ito Program Files, did you? That's the oldest mistake in the book! While it may not be the cause, it certainly won't do you any favors. The only exception is if you're still using XP

Great to hear you're almost back up and running and to see you back on board Michelle.
    Cheers!
    Pete

yeah it's just 2 routes doing this issue Seligman and Crawford even with the msts evn off it appears.

The game is having no issue running at all. It's just this error code appearing and stopping the 2 route from loading.

Granted I have a i6 cpu 32 gigs of ram supermicro X9SRL-F (SOCKET 0) motherboard NIVIDA GeForce GT 1030 Video Card 1TB Sata hard drive.

Wanted allot of memory for painting.

Thank you Ossie! I missed all of you very much. not many to chat about trains now the grandson is off to CoD and Overwatch. Trains no longer hold his interest.

Got the sky working in the 2 routes. I think what happened was I had changed the env using Kosmos before the CPU stopped working and I was never able to reset them back to the original route Env. So I recopied the back up and put them in and it fixed it. Good thing I don't use msts anymore just OR.
    Last edited by MsSheare; 01-11-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Welcome back Michelle.
    Lousy luck your PC "meltdown" ...."been there, got the T shirt..." sadly more than once I even had my backup disc fail on one occasion so I save stuff all over the shop now ....they can't ALL fail ......can they
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Welcome back Michelle. It's great to have you back.

Glad you are back!
    Now is a good time to make a backup! And move your files out of the program folder.
    Christopher