Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can anyone tell me what file is corrupt?

Default can anyone tell me what file is corrupt?

I am running PRB-The Orin line.
    OR 4021.
    Nothing in the log file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Derek,
    As this is obviously a situation while running Open Rails, why post in the MSTS Forum?? (or does it also occur in MSTS?)

Cheers,
    Ged

EDIT : I don't have this route installed, but have you applied either the fix (prb_mf.zip) or patch (prb_upd1.zip)? They seem a apply some missing textures.
    Last edited by slipperman; 01-11-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Derek, I have that route set up in a "mini-route" OR profile, and no problems like I'm seeing in your screenshot, you've got something missing...not being a route builder, I cannot say for certain.
    Best guess - textures
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hi Ged,

My assumption was that the file is the same in MSTS and OR, and there are still more route developers in MSTS than in OR at the moment.
    I will try the 2 fixes as I would expect I have them already.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Derek,
    It would have been a possibility I've now installed the route and don't have your problem in either MSTS or Open Rails. It turns out that the textures included in the patch/update are for a particular object, so aren't relevant. By the way, only the fix OR the patch needs installing.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi, I have the same route installed and it seems to be a winter texture that is causing the "white" areas. see attached

Open Rails 2018-01-11 10-35-31.jpgOpen Rails 2018-01-11 10-34-04.jpg

same place summer and winter... hope this helps

And even whats under the track isn't correct for winter time. Are we sure this route wasn't advertised as summer only when released? Or something in the batch file was boogered from the start?

I copied the summer textures into the winter folder and the problem still exists?

It IS a winter activity though??

I will convert it to a summer activity and see what it does?
    Last edited by derekmorton; 01-11-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    Cheers
    Derek

G'day Derek, if it is any consolation I have the same result, but, just in the one winter activity "HT_Empties to Jacob Ranch-Finis".
    At this stage I am guessing that it may be summer textures in the winter folder.
    Regards
    Barrie

EDIT:- the problem is in the winter textures I converted "HT_Alliance to Donkey Creek Empties" activity to winter and got the same result even though it is on a different route, therefore the problem is in the winter textures of the route as I also reinstalled the route VERY carefully.
    I also changed the "HT_Empties to Jacob Ranch-Finis" activity to summer and all was OK.
    Last edited by gremlin1812; 01-11-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Yes, I did the same with mine, turned it to a summer activity and all is well.

Most interestingly though, neither Route Riter no OR picks up any problem with the winter textures.
    Cheers
    Derek