Thread: How to fix Passenger Timetable in MSTS Editors and Tools Program

Question How to fix Passenger Timetable in MSTS Editors and Tools Program

I did try to change the arrival time but can't change the departure time. I need to know how do I delete the passenger timetable because I set them wrong in one box, Here is what I have below:

Station Arrival Departure

Washago 00:40 22:53

Parry Sound 02:42 22:53

Now you see above with the Departure times with two the same with 22:53. How do I correct those two times from 22:53 to 00:42 and the second with 02:45 from 22:53? Hope you can tell me how to correct this or have to delete the whole passenger schedule or the times of arrival and departures?

By the way I forgot to post my message before that the program of MSTS Editors and Tools are working now but for how long -- good question.

Look forward to see any reply for this.

John

Eric-- thank you for the link but I already try this for the last few hours and still the same. It doesn't work and have to find another solution to this.

John

Mornin' John,
    You mean you didn't check the Steam4me site? You've been around long enough to know where to go with questions like this.

Here's the instructions >>>===> http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/ae_timetable.html

And by the way, MSTS screws up the timetable if you cross the midnight time as I see you do in this activity. It simply does not work
    If you remember there was a PRR-East activity that ran NY Penn to Harrisburg that crashed when running through the midnight time which if I remember needed a save/restart to get through the activity.

Bottom line:
    Open Rails does NOT suffer from these old MSTS bugs which is why I've dumped MSTS it in the garbage.
    Good riddance and thanks for all the pain you caused.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 01-12-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Yes I was there to read the link and still no go to fix the schedule. You tell me how because I couldn't fix the departure times and the arrival times is good but not departure. I clicked " Depart " and do nothing to do next. I am not sure what else to fix. Guess I start all over again with my new activity.

John
    Last edited by cn bala; 01-12-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Default Timetable Time Settings.

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Yes I was there to read the link and still no go to fix the schedule. You tell me how because I couldn't fix the departure times and the arrival times is good but not departure.
    I clicked " Depart " and do nothing to do next. I am not sure what else to fix. Guess I start all over again with my new activity. John
    Hmmm, I never said to click on 'DEPART'. Where did you get that information?
    If you follow the Steam4Me tutorial it certainly does work. You possibly missed something so here I'll try something a little less involved . . . Please, just follow each step exactly!! No Easter egging or do-it-yourself 'guesses' or shortcuts.

0. With the Service Panel open to the service you want to edit, Click on the EDIT TIMETABLE button. The timetable opens.

1. In the Timetable DOUBLE CLICK on the ARRIVAL TIME. for the service. A Dialog panel opens.

2. In the Dialog, type [/B]the DEPARTURE TIME for the service. The time you typed will appear in BOTH Arrive & Depart columns.

Remember, it's a 24Hr clock . . . 4 PM is 1600. . . If all looks OK so far, continue with step 3.

3. Click on the OK button and the dialog closes and the time you typed is displayed in both the arrive and departure columns.

4. Now again DOUBLE CLICK on the ARRIVAL time for the service. The dialog panel again opens.

5. Enter the ARRIVAL time you want for the service in the open dialog and click the OK button.
    The time entered MUST be earlier than the departure time you typed in Step 2.
    6. Click OK
    Done!

Again I remind you that MSTS has a problem with crossing Midnight time changes. Stay away from that or it's trouble.

Open Rails has none of these old MSTS problems including the infamous Broken Coupler Syndrome. Meaning of course you can now set your wagons coupler break to prototypical values for the first time ever in the Sim.

Incidently, in the the tutorial I pointed you to, read this part:Altering The Arrival And Departure Times

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 01-12-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add steam4me info
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"