Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracks configuration box void of options

Question Tracks configuration box void of options

I just posted this over at Trainz forum but I always seem to better luck here!

I've seen this before but now it is bothering me cause I want to activate more industries.

I set the Queues section for 40ft trailer but when I go to Tracks section there are no commodities to choose, just a blank line in the box and when I point my curser at it a message pops up saying " This Description Needs Setting ". I can plant a curser on the line and type in " 40ft trailers " and hit enter but this does nothing for me. In the same industry I can set all other perimeters but the industries do not function.

I am working with the Summer Lake Track New Era and I'm using Build 84204. Some of the industries I see this problem in are:

Edson-East Logistics DHL Drop

Obed Food LTD Drop

Ponmon Woodstock Pick

If the " Description Needs Setting " where and how is to be set? Is it a list of possible commodities that the route builder has to add some how to the industry track?

Many of the other industries on this route have been set-up or re-set by me, it is just certain ones that I can't work with but I am not a route builder, I can barely play this game!

If anyone is reading this and they can make Portals emit steam engines, what Build do I need to do that????

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

Hi Willy --

The last question -- the latest SP + Hot Fix. I can confirm that the portals emit steam locomotives.

The industries. A bit more information please. Are they Multiple Industry New? LARS or ProtoLARS? The built-in industries like the saw mill?

And have you watched my youtube videos about configuring industries and freight cars?

Phil

Exclamation Praise the Coconut Gods

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Hi Willy --

The last question -- the latest SP + Hot Fix. I can confirm that the portals emit steam locomotives.
    Mult
    The industries. A bit more information please. Are they Multiple Industry New? LARS or ProtoLARS? The built-in industries like the saw mill?

And have you watched my youtube videos about configuring industries and freight cars?

Phil
    Maybe it is time for me to risk my last brain cell and try that update they keep tempting me with!

I am extremely worried about updating on hope that it has been repaired because I fear I will be a one in a hundred that looses much function as I have read in the forum. After waiting a while I was searching the fora for comments on the latest fix and I see a number of people saying they got massive problems and I'm afraid that I believe in Murphy's Law. Maybe you don't have that in your hemisphere but it works for me here in western Pennsylvania, USA. ( What Ever Can go Wrong - Will Go Wrong! )

As for your youtube Vids, I think I have praised you several times for those. They are the reason why I know how the new commodity picker for individual train cars works and how to configure Multiple Industry New when they are working right but some of these seem to be broken and as I said over in the other Forum:

"I'm sorry for not being perfectly clear:

When I said, " Many of the other industries on this route have been set-up or re-set by me, it is just certain ones that I can't work with ", I meant that for instance I can at Marboro-South Cemicals ( Drop Off ), after picking 40ft trailers out of the list for Queue 1, 40ft trailers then becomes avaliable to choose in the box for Tracks at that industry but after doing the same in Queue 1 at Obed Food LTD ( Drop Off ), when I go to the Tracks section, 40ft trailers does not appear in the list to choose from.

It seems to me that if the problem was a " bad product " then it would not work in any industries."

I'm going to make an educated guess at this point and say: I think in the industries where I see no choises in the " Tracks " section of "Multiple Industry New" even the commodities that the original author of the route tried to set up do not appear in that " Tracks " section although they appear in other sections of the same industry properties box.

I don't know a lot about these things cause I don't build routes but the one above mentioned as not working looks like a wharehouse and dock but I thought that was just scenery whereas the operational part of Multiple Industry New was a special track piece that is placed and it contains the code that makes it work???? The route is " Summer Lake Track New Era " that I got off the download station.

Happy New Year

Wild Willy the Wacko
    Last edited by CWA13000; 01-15-2018 at 03:09 PM. Reason: described wrong Ind now correct

Question Hey Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Hi Willy --

Phil
    I went ahead and updated to Build 90945 and then I ran a session that I was developing before I gave up and converted my AI to Diesel trains.

My steam engines are still not emiting!

Can you give me a short list of mid size engines that emit for you?

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

Willy --

It will have to wait until tomorrow when I have more time, but I'll do a basic session with steam locomotives emitted from portals on a very basic layout and give you a Dropbox link so that you can download it.

Phil

Exclamation Thanks, Phil, looks like Murphy got me again!

[QUOTE=philskene;1928062]Willy --

It will have to wait until tomorrow when I have more time, but I'll do a basic session with steam locomotives emitted from portals on a very basic layout and give you a Dropbox link so that you can download it.

Phil[/QUOTE

Who would have thunk that this would only effect me? Maybe that is why I am almost totally ignored over at Planet Auran the numerous times I have asked if anyone was able to use them with steam even the trolls were tired of telling me that I'm an idiot!

It's not like I have never done this before. For a couple years, all I worked with was Industrail and I never used Diesels and I had traffic in or out of every Portal with most of the same engines I use now but when TANE came out even that K4 that seemed to come with the Hinton coal route would not work, although, a steamer would often come out one time maybe on the command to " Emit Immediatly " but after that only one engine stuck way down in the Portal.

The only reason I am trying to work with this Summer Lake Track is that there are turn-tables everywhere and I never was able to fix the couple that were not working with my steamers on Industrail.

I don't think that going to this much trouble is necessary, maybe a couple KUID's of engines you know will emit with this new version and the KUID of the Rule you are using.

I just looked at my session to make sure I got my terminology correct and a thought had occured to me:

I've wondered many times what exactly do they mean when they say "Maximum Trains On Route" ? I always assumed that they meant consists that had engines and drivers and did not count all the strings of cars spread around a route. If they do mean every consist, then that might be my problem if they tweaked the removal process to prevent emmission.

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

Red face Hold On Phil!!!

I just created my own new test session and I have gotten two K4's to emit.

I then went back and edited to try emit and send each of Snipers re-painted PO&N steamers to different places on the map.

I have a lunch appointment after which I will look at the results of this test.

SOoooo.....Don't bother with that test session you were going to make but I still might like suggestions about engine KUID's and the Portal control you use.

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

Question 8 in map after lunch

I must have done something right by accident because I see 8 engines and tenders at or on their way to assigned destinations all over the map and being gone for about two hours I figure that all AI made it out and about.

I have another thought on my problem;

Is it possible that leaving the default of " Consume all Trains " checked in a Portal that is set-up to emit trains be an incompatible setting?

Then, again, why does it not gobble up Diesel trains trying to emit?

I modified my test and told it to Consume and I'm waiting on that.

Wild Willy the Wacko

Question 3 more!

I now have three Steamers heading to their destinations after having checked off the box for consuming all trains?

Could I have used a bad version of Central Portal Control previously?

I started trying to use Central Portal Control when I got TANE because the Hinton Route had those invisible Portals ( talk about as unreal as it gets! A Sniper? ) because I could not click on them to bring up the properties box as one can do with the Portals that look like a tunnel ( Simulator looking! ). They also have a feature I like: The " Emit Immediately " option. This has worked really cool because it seems that if one makes a mistake, as I often do, and drop back to my last save, upon restart of the session, the AI emits immediately again. Sometimes I even purposely restart just to make traffic heaver on the route.

Is it possible that using Central Portal Control is a big time conflict if one is trying to use it in a route that has Portals with their own integral Properties box?? I think when I have done this, I have unchecked everything in the Portals own Propertied bex before using Central Portal Control.

ORrr..., are the old sessions incompatible and I just have to re-build them in the new build?

Wild Willy the Wacko

P.S. I'm up to 8 on map now, will do more experiments.
    Last edited by CWA13000; 01-17-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Willy --

In that case I'll stand down.

Phil