Thread: Shadows

Default Shadows

Hi all, does anyone else have these really really black shadows with their Train Sim World?

Im on the latest nvidia drivers 390.65
    Geforce GTX 970

The sim runs super smooth even on high settings, but the graphics are not looking right

Thanks

Here is a screenshot
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TAX...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by billythegreat; 01-15-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - Intel i5 750 2.66ghz OC 3.12ghz - 8gig DDR3 Memory
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 - MSI P55-GD65 Mobo - Samsung EVO 500gig SSD - Corsair CX600 600W PS

The strange lighting, shining and shadowing is a feature/bug of DTG's implementation of the UE4 rendering engine.

AFAIK, they haven't yet worked out how to properly darken the scene when inside a locomotive shed, under a viaduct or inside a tunnel.

Trees etc. are casting shadows that properly render I think.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

Thanks for the reply, just notice that videos I see on YouTube of the sim from other gameplays do not not have these issues.
    Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - Intel i5 750 2.66ghz OC 3.12ghz - 8gig DDR3 Memory
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 - MSI P55-GD65 Mobo - Samsung EVO 500gig SSD - Corsair CX600 600W PS

Could it be that DTG permanently switched some HDR setting on in the plethora of UE4 settings files?

The German route has the cab darkening when passing through the tunnels, so apparently DTG have worked something out.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)