Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LTV Mining Error

Roger,

The original version from 2001 is payware and as such shouldn't be in the library. It is known for some issues, mostly arising from the fact that it was made extremely early in the MSTS era. I'm working on a built-from-scratch version which should avoid these issues for the most part. It will be some time before it will be done, though

Quote Originally Posted by Procopius View Post
    Is there anything more recent and less problematic of a similar kind?
    Purchase "Michigan Iron Ore" (the LS&I) from Maple Leaf Tracks, and add the free upgrade by Nicholas Ozorak from here in the library. Suggest also purchase the LS&I equipment set from BLW. Altogether, those make up the finest such iron ore route setup available for the MSTS/OR franchise.

The original route for LTV (as produced by Marc and his associates) would also be a good project for TS20xx (DTG), as other than the industrial complexes town and urban replication is fairly minimal.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Marc, you used a method to avoid making a loop at the Harbor? May I ask what, and if you think it'll be necessary for OR, which is what my version will be for
    My last version (2010 or there abouts) used a 3-way turnout at the junction entering Taconite Harbor, which allowed the train to default to the trestle. Visually the switch looked like any 2-way one, but worked perfectly with there being a loop and all. IIRC, the switch never went to the third deverging line (not sure why), but worked fine and without crashing. Alas, the switch model and testing Tsection.dat were lost in an HD crash many moons ago, and I don’t recall how I got everything to work. Magic, I suppose.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Another route I've used that has return loops all over the place, but somehow refuses to crash, is the Red Arrow Lines route (in the f/l here). It's a trolley line with return loops at every terminal and some intermediate turnbacks. iirc (haven't run it in years), some of the loops (if not all) have unusual switch arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    My last version (2010 or there abouts) used a 3-way turnout at the junction entering Taconite Harbor, which allowed the train to default to the trestle. Visually the switch looked like any 2-way one, but worked perfectly with there being a loop and all. IIRC, the switch never went to the third deverging line (not sure why), but worked fine and without crashing. Alas, the switch model and testing Tsection.dat were lost in an HD crash many moons ago, and I don’t recall how I got everything to work. Magic, I suppose.
    Once I'm finished with that mess they called a mine, I'll do some testing to see if I need to worry about it. If I do, I'll give the 3-way switch a try

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    Purchase "Michigan Iron Ore" (the LS&I) from Maple Leaf Tracks, and add the free upgrade by Nicholas Ozorak from here in the library. Suggest also purchase the LS&I equipment set from BLW. Altogether, those make up the finest such iron ore route setup available for the MSTS/OR franchise.
    Ah, well, I'm retired Army and live in Thailand. The US dollar has been on a gentle slide against the Thai baht, so my income has been reduced by over 10% in the last year and a half or so, and still going down. I'll have to think long and hard before buying payware, but I should be getting my income tax refund in a few days. There's so much freeware I want to try I really have no business thinking about this one. It's just that a very distant cousin was somehow involved in the discovery of the Mesabi Iron Range and my maternal grandfather took me to see the mine when I was a kid (about 70 years ago), so I was curious.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    sorry to dredge up this old thread, but who is BLW - so i can look them up as i think i will get a copy of that Michigan Iron Ore route from MLT

Quote Originally Posted by Heruraha93 View Post
    sorry to dredge up this old thread, but who is BLW - so i can look them up as i think i will get a copy of that Michigan Iron Ore route from MLT
    http://www.valleypass.com/Sales/LSI.htm

thank you very much!