Thread: Setting Up A New Track Rule Post ap File Format

Default Setting Up A New Track Rule Post ap File Format

So how is it done? I understand the principles of how to set up the blueprint but with all recent routes compacted into an ap file, the path the Provider and Product is no longer visible. I know I could use RW Tools to unzip the ap folder but did DTG not consider this when they decided to lock away a route's assets in one file?

Basically I want to use US Sherman Hill concrete track but with overhead electrification. However on selecting electrification when placing the rail no wires appear as this was presumably not specified by the route builder. There is no way I can see round this other than setting up a fresh blueprint that actually specifies the type and height of wire. The "All Track" rule predates the more recent route releases with better looking track so not really an option there.
    Vern.

I am no expert Vern but from experience and modding routes.

Not all track has the built in ability to render OHLE when laid with electrification properties enabled.

A lot of the electrified routes, i believe have the OHLE added independently of the track.

Sherman Hill is not an electrified route, so the track will probably not have an option to show OHLE.

I would suggest taking a pre-existing track rule and modifying the entries to suit your requirements.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Thanks Mike. In the end I just used RW Tools to open up the ap file and get the track values. Any track can have catenary above it but you need to expand and include the reference in the blueprint. What it means though is because the route now has a custom asset it can't go on Workshop so if it gets finished will be uploaded here and RWA.

The track rule will come in handy for other electrified western US coal etc. routes.

It's just a good job we have RW Tools to overcome how user unfriendly DTG have made that side of editing.

Thought it was time to try something out in TS20xx. Like you I find the Trainz editor is great but all feels a bit meergh when you get in and want to drive something. Mainly the continued lack of a structured scenario and timetable editor.
    Vern.

No problem Vern, i didn't know that about adding the OHLE info to the blueprint.

I always unpack all the .ap files Vern, the game reads the unpacked files before the .ap.

So when you create your track rule, it can reside outside of the .ap

Exactly the same as you buddy, love the Trainz editor, but i dislike the driving experience immensely.

Toy Trains R Us

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt