Thread: Better AI Traffic management

Default Better AI Traffic management

Hi everyone,
    i wanted to know if there's a better and faster way to place traffic into a scenario.
    For example what i do now is to place myself behind a portal place 4-5 consist and make the same route to all of them just at different hours)
    When doing long scenarios (Cardiff to Paddington 3 hours on HST) create some AI traffic to keep me company can take 5-6 hours of placing and planning.
    Would be interesting to know how you manage to spawn quickly a large amount of ai traffic in a standard or career scenario.

Thanks

What needs to happen is the QD AI Spawn and Consist Spawn markers, need to be made functional in all scenario types.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

So it is not implemented outside QD right now?
    Could be at least possible "clone" services? That would be great.

Sadly the short answer is no, which is why scenarios on complex routes often feature fairly sparse AI traffic. Each train has to be individually placed and in the case of freight, loaded.

You can try and Ctrl-Select-Copy the vehicles and try and paste the whole consist which of course has to be in a different location. Unlike MSTS where the traffic spawns at the specified time, in RW-TS all the pieces need to be on the chessboard at the start of the scenario!

The driver instructions need to be placed individually and AFAIK these can't be easily copied or unless using RW Tools if you change the driving loco for another you lose your compiled instructions.

Agree Mike your suggestion would make life much easier.
    Vern.

More DTG madness Vern, functionality that only works in one type of scenario.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust