Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Having used Paint Shop Pro 7 for literally ages...

Default Having used Paint Shop Pro 7 for literally ages...

I finally decided to upgrade to Paint Shop Pro 2018.

It has a lot if the "Same" features so I'm not completely lost... but enough differences that its going to take me a while to regain my comfort level.

I hadn't even realised I'd been using the same paint program for 18 years until today.

pw
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

PSP has been around that long? Didn't realize it as I have been using it too for awhile and also just got PSP Ultimate 2018. Seems to be quicker than the previous versions though.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Ha, I still use it too. I keep reloading the same old version on any new machine I spin up, just I don't have any new learning curves
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    PSP has been around that long?
    PSP, originally by Jasc, was first released as shareware on Compuserve in the 1990s.

FWIW, I'm still using v6, which proves it's tough to teach an old dog...
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Trouble with most (ALL?) software packages is that the best readable manual doesn't get released until the next version of the software is hitting the market ....mind you the less than generous upgrade deals (or total lack of!) make keeping old and familiar versions installed an easy option?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

What I've found nowadays is that 1) If there is a manual, it's either imbedded in the software, or you have to go to the manufacturer site and download a copy. No more hardcopies in boxed apps. or 2) You can go and purchase a manual from a publisher (usually better, but can be costly, such as IBEX, Dummies, etc.). Most of the time I've gotten the software manufacturer's manual, it leaves much to be desired. Most electronics are getting this way too. Just bought a new microwave, downloaded the manual, and it looks like it was written by a 1st grader, leaving it up to me to figure out how to use the features.

Go figure!
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    I finally decided to upgrade to Paint Shop Pro 2018.

It has a lot if the "Same" features so I'm not completely lost... but enough differences that its going to take me a while to regain my comfort level.

I hadn't even realised I'd been using the same paint program for 18 years until today.

pw
    Pete,

I can't remember exactly how I found it, but a lot of the 'legacy' commands are still available, but are hidden. Example, I used "manual color correction" quite a bit, and it disappeared from the standard menus, but I was able to find it and customize the "Adjust" menu to include it.

Of course, I'm on ProX5 and haven't upgraded so this may not still be true, but it's worth investigating.

Rick

hehe... for example: it took some sleuthing to figure out how to enter non-hex (but rather, decimal) RGB values... it was not quickly obvious that would be under sliders
    In IRC at freenode #msts

I have X9 and I am still struggling to learn it. I had to go download 3 updates for it one of them allowed me to set it up like Paint Shop Pro 7 which made me much happier. It's a huge learning curve for me and I am slowly getting over it and making it around the curve.

Oh any luck with the DT&I font Pete? That is going to be the last coil car to make up has i have no DT&I logo I have the one for the locomotives just not the cars.

In progress... I had a really old DTI font that I pulled from my site ages ago due to it being pretty low quality.
    In IRC at freenode #msts