Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Having used Paint Shop Pro 7 for literally ages...

To be honest, I've been a subscriber to Photoshop, Bridge and one or two other apps, and am quite happy with what Adobe offers. Most of this stems from my photography, which I depend on PS for mainly, but I've been a much better repaint since ditching GIMP in 2011/2012 and have been a staunch Photoshop junkie since. I even have a repainting guide (that is available here in the file library) dedicated to what I use for repainting - Photoshop. Now, take it or leave it, but the advantages to a subscription are far better than buying a disk that will become obsolete in a year after purchasing it. Now, the disadvantage to the Adobe subscription is that the darn software bugs you at startup to update. I'll update at my leisure, not at Adobe's. But that is the beautiful power we consumers have - choice. I'll still keep buying my subscription because it makes me happy. Okay, end "rant".
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

Just don't add up how much it cost you to have Photoshop and Illustrator access over 2 years like I did. I did not feel like I got $700.00 worth of benefit out of it.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    Just don't add up how much it cost you to have Photoshop and Illustrator access over 2 years like I did. I did not feel like I got $700.00 worth of benefit out of it.
    I balked at their subscription plan over pricing too. I figure PS is worth to me, $100, maybe, $125/year. $350?? No f***ing way. But that's me. Obviously there are plenty of people who did not blink twice at the price and so I figure PS is just far more important to them. That's ok too.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

I think I have you all beat... I'm still using PhotoImpact 4.2, which evidently hit the market in 1998.

I got it free with a scanner, and it works, so it's fine by me. I use GIMP for what it can't do.
    Last edited by Erick_Cantu; 02-10-2018 at 07:10 PM.

I think I can top that Erick, about three years ago my next door neighbor was having a clean out and was about to throw Paint Shop Pro 7 in the rubbish bin. I grabbed it as it was still in the box he bought it in and it had hardly been used.He told me he couldn't work out how to use it so was going to chuck it. I now use Paint Shop Pro most days, It was hard to beat the price,

Trev

It really *is* one of the best versions of the program. It might be because it was the last version that was still JASC? Not sure.
    3D Canvas/Crafter User
    In IRC at freenode #msts

I am not a big fan of Photoshop or Adobe the clear lack of CS by the company and the fact when I did call I was hounded into upgrading which i refused. Now finding out this PSP X9 will not run my old plug in's which worked great in psp 7 is heart breaking. I tried every way to get the program to read them and it will not.

Sometimes newer is not better. I hope there is a way I can do it.

I've been using PSP7 with the V7.04 patch. http://www.softwarepatch.com/include...s/psp704ep.exe

It's hard to believe how old our hobby and programs are getting. Hell, I can't get my head around realizing how old I am getting and how long I have been into the hobby period.

Robert

You sir, have hit the "bulls eye" with that comment.
    3D Canvas/Crafter User
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Nope, PSP7 came out two years later.