Thread: Unknown Railroad Company

Rushey Platt Junction, Darkest Wiltshire.

Question Unknown Railroad Company

Hi. I recently stumbled across a picture showing a former Santa Fe Geep in bluebonnet scheme which has the original side leterring painted out in light blue, with a logo I can't quite trace. It's an orange diamond with Genessee & Wyoming style side arrows. The left letter seems to be 'P' but the other side is blurred. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I would like to know who runs this engine.

Possibly the Portland and Western. They do have some ex Santa Fe engines on their roster

"Central Oregon & Pacific Railroad" (CORP). Runs from Black Butte, CA to Springfield Junction, OR on the old SP Siskiyou line.

The lead loco is definitely Portland & Western, a G&W company. CORP is G&W too. I tried zooming in on the photo to look at the second (old blue/yellow Santa Fe) loco (Ctrl + in the browser does that; Ctrl - zooms out) and while CORP might work I'm not completely sure - the last word pretty clearly is "& PACIFIC" but the rest is too muddy. Could also be Puget Sound & Pacific (PSAP), another G&W company. Like most large short-line companies, G&W shares locomotives between different lines.

G&W system map: https://gwrr.com/about_us/maps#north-america

Portland and Western in the photo I first posted .Here is one marked WP "Willamette &Pacific"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portla...stern_Railroad

Rushey Platt Junction, Darkest Wiltshire.