Thread: Surfliner Tracks

Default Surfliner Tracks

Any idea on a fix for this?? I got all the right tracks installed and they wont show up on this route

Open Rails 2018-02-12 10-57-39.jpg

Which version of the route is it? The FPM one or the freeware updated version of Jeff's route?

the FPM route installs a very outdated Tsection.dat file into the global folder of MSTS. I find that I needed to install the most current Tsection.dat file in order to run that route correctly. The FPM route uses Mark Nelson's Scale Rail system and textures.

Robert

I got the FPM one and got the scale rail stuff and where can I find the latest Tsection.dat file? I will try a new one but I am sure I have the latest one....Thanks for the reply

You can find the latest Tsection.dat file here: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=33562
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

If Tsection does not fix the problem, open OR Options, go to Experimental tab, and set Super Elevation Level to Zero.
    Charles

Thanks guys....I figured I just copy the SR track and paste it in the textures folder and it works....Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by wcl View Post
    Thanks guys....I figured I just copy the SR track and paste it in the textures folder and it works....Thanks for the help
    That should have happened when the route was installed. Unless it was installed from a "copy" of a previous install.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    That should have happened when the route was installed. Unless it was installed from a "copy" of a previous install.
    This.

If the route is installed from the original CD, all the pieces are placed where they belong. If the route folder is copied from someplace else, the tracks obviously will be missing - they go in the MSTS global folder not the route folder. If it's "installed" the second way, it might not be a legit copy.

That said, the Surfliner routes in the file library here (Surfliner 2.2 especially) are far better from operating and scenery standpoints than the old FPM route. The only thing the FPM route had that the newer ones don't is the complete Escondido branch - though it's a rendition of things just before the Sprinter line was built. And the routes in the f/l are legitimately free. FPM left a bad taste in many mouths due to actions that were arguably fraud or worse, the scenery in it is woefully incomplete, it tends to crash in spots, and it is understandably hard to get much support for it here (FPM itself being long gone, of course).