Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSTS Marias Pass V3.1 - Activity BNSF Ballast Extra

Default MSTS Marias Pass V3.1 - Activity BNSF Ballast Extra

Sirs,
    this activity (https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....rchid=10561514) requires some .s-files from SLI's BNSF/MRL SD70ACe pack in order to adjust the files in the also necessary BNSF SD70ACe Set (bnsfaces.zip here in the library).
    My problem is that I can't find this SLI-package for download on Trainsimulations.net or anywhere else.
    Does anybody know whether this pack is still available and where?
    Many thanks and best wishes,
    Martin

Hi Martin,
    The BNSF & MRL SD70ACe locos required were issued in the stock packs for the now defunct Siskiyou route. If you have them, they are in eng_pack_03 and eng_pack_04 respectively. The author's (Danny Beck) readme seems to indicate that they may be used by anybody for non-profit purposes. I have attached the readme for your information.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Attached Files Attached Files

danny_beck_bnsf_files_set.zip

This has the BNSF shape files ONLY, but as I don't know the activity these are only useful for reskins based on the model?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Hi Geoff,
    Thanks for the link, but the exact locos that Martin is looking for aren't in that pack. They are in the ex-Siskiyou packs (as are a great many more!).

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Geoff,
    Thanks for the link, but the exact locos that Martin is looking for aren't in that pack. They are in the ex-Siskiyou packs (as are a great many more!).

Cheers,
    Ged
    Hi Ged, yes I understand that but as not everyone may have those (are they still available anywhere?) the shape file in the Danny Beck files seems to work OK with the bnsfaces.zip ? ...or am I missing something. .....sorry but I "glaze over" at anything much later than Dash 2 but horses for courses and if it helps.....
    Geoff
    UK

Hi Geoff,
    I don't think that particular stock is available anywhere else. I attached the readme in the hope that someone with more legal knowledge than I could indicate if I, or anybody else, is able to share any of the Siskiyou stock which has similar readme files.

I haven't seen any posts from the Siskiyou route author, Dale Rickert, following the catastrophic fire on Christmas Day 2016 which, I believe, destroyed his home. I will try to contact him regarding sharing of the stock files; I know, from the EULA, that the route is definitely NOT shareable!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Geoff,
    I don't think that particular stock is available anywhere else. I attached the readme in the hope that someone with more legal knowledge than I could indicate if I, or anybody else, is able to share any of the Siskiyou stock which has similar readme files.

I haven't seen any posts from the Siskiyou route author, Dale Rickert, following the catastrophic fire on Christmas Day 2016 which, I believe, destroyed his home. I will try to contact him regarding sharing of the stock files; I know, from the EULA, that the route is definitely NOT shareable!!

Cheers,
    Ged
    I had no idea about the fire. That's dreadful. I trust no-one was hurt?
    Geoff
    UK

Hi Geoff,
    I trust no-one was hurt?

Those on Dale's Siskiyou mailing list received the following emails on 1st Jan 2017 and 12 March 2017 respectively :
    I hope that no one has been trying to contact me lately.

On Christmas Eve my home burnt down as I watched in freezing weather in stocking feet. I was in bed sleeping but my wife and I both managed to get out unharmed.

We lost pretty much everything, including my complete computer system. I took what was left of my computer to a local computer shop and a couple of days later received a call saying that they were able to recover nearly all from the hard drives.

I have just this evening placed an order for a new system but won't have it until later this week.

If you've had a chance to run the new release perhaps you could drop me a note with any comments.

Much thanks...

Happy New Year to everyone,

Dale

Due to several recent events I will no longer be working on the Siskiyou Route.

I had hoped to get even one volunteer to help out, but now that doesn't seem likely.

I feel sad that it all has to end this way.

D. Rickert

Cheers,
    Ged

Default ex-Siskiyou packs / BNSF & MRL SD70ACe locos

Hi Geoff,

Cheers,
    Ged

Dear Ged,
    Was it possible for you to contact Danny Beck?
    I don't have these ex-Siskiyou packs in my files, so the required BNSF & MRL SD70ACe locos are still missing.
    Many thanks for your help and best wishes,
    Martin
    Last edited by Martin Mahle; 03-12-2018 at 08:13 PM. Reason: missing headline

Hi Martin, Firstly go back to the Microsoft Train Simulator Forum and scroll to the bottom of the page and find the heading, THE SISKIYOU ROUTE IS BACK AND OPEN. There you will find the link to the site, and then register to become a member. Go to the download section for engines and rolling stock and listed there in Packs 3&4 are the engines you are seeking. The only items missing are the sound and cab files which can be found in the F/L. Look up some of the repaints to get the sound files and cab files have SD70ACe in different roads. I have just downloaded these files to test the link and it works fine, have fun,

Regards, Trevor