Thread: How do you know which routes you have?

Default How do you know which routes you have?

Apparently V2 comes WITH routes like Barstow-Yermo, Cajon, Mohave, and Needles. Yet I see they are also for sale on the website. Do the "paid" routes come with more track, units, scenery? I'm also getting a TON of trains that try to spawn on missing routes. How do you know which routes are involved?

Had V1, new to V2. Many questions ... again.

V2 comes with all the basic rolling stock originally provided with Run 8's original release in 2012. The included routes for V2 are Mojave, Barstow/Yermo and Needles. Cajon would be an add on. Anything you have already purchased for V1 can be converted to V2 as long as you follow the Run 8 recommended steps very carefully. If you open V2 and click on the Help button in the upper right hand corner and it will direct you to the help documents in the main Run 8 folder.

If you still have V1 installed then the routes, after being fully updated for V1 can be imported into V2 easily. The payware trainsets can be reinstalled into V2 by running their V1 installer files but then changing the installation directory to V2 instead of their default location. It takes a while but it is easy and once done, you are good to go. If you no longer have V1 installed and updated, you do the same thing but make sure you install all of the upgrades for both V1 and V2 for each route, then open Run 8 V2 and let the program convert them.

Happy to help with the questions so keep them coming if you have problems.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Thanks. I think PART of my problem was I downloaded the Cajon update before installing the route. It LOOKED like I had Cajon, but apparently did not. Plus I heard about the trick to let a scenario load, then save, then re-load to avoid all the "missing route" messages. Neat.

I love Run8. I was noticing while pulling the SP forward at the beginning of Mojave Helpers that the shadow cast on the cars of the telephone pole and transformer (near the MOW guys standing around doing nothin') even cast the shadow of the WIRES. Too cool.

Yes, that is one thing that is kind of unfortunate for a newer or returning user is that V2 will show the route available even if you only install the updates giving false hope of the route working.

On the whole, though, Run 8 is a pretty awesome and powerful sim.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Quote Originally Posted by dab1068 View Post
    V2 comes with all the basic rolling stock originally provided with Run 8's original release in 2012. The included routes for V2 are Mojave, Barstow/Yermo and Needles. Cajon would be an add on. Anything you have already purchased for V1 can be converted to V2 as long as you follow the Run 8 recommended steps very carefully. If you open V2 and click on the Help button in the upper right hand corner and it will direct you to the help documents in the main Run 8 folder.

If you still have V1 installed then the routes, after being fully updated for V1 can be imported into V2 easily. The payware trainsets can be reinstalled into V2 by running their V1 installer files but then changing the installation directory to V2 instead of their default location. It takes a while but it is easy and once done, you are good to go. If you no longer have V1 installed and updated, you do the same thing but make sure you install all of the upgrades for both V1 and V2 for each route, then open Run 8 V2 and let the program convert them.

Happy to help with the questions so keep them coming if you have problems.
    Also, be aware that if you're installing the V1 A-Line into version 2 that the method is different than for the California routes. Make sure you follow Hyrail's instructions! There's no issue with Waycross since it came out after V2.

BTW (and I don't know how to get this to the Run8 folks since my password ALWAYS blows up on The Depot) I've found an error on the Mojave Sub. Maybe it's already being addressed, but the old Ilmon siding has been changed. The BNSF line is now double track all the way from Bena to what USED to be Ilmon East. You can see it on Google Earth.

One of the things I seriously like about Run8 compared to the other two 'biggies' is the ease of pressing F4 back to the desktop so I can look at Google Earth and watch the route as I'm running. My first trip over the pass told me SOMETHING was wrong. I looked at GE and yep, the old track that used to snake off west of the line at Ilmon is gone ... gone ... gone.

The routes are set back in time as on cajon there is triple track but re alignment won’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also follow the import instructions this is extremely important as a lot of infrastructure changed from V1-V2 I have detailed instructions for the A Line as mentioned, if you follow the install and import directions you should have no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro