Thread: Run 8 V2 Crashing on Start Up

Default Run 8 V2 Crashing on Start Up

I downloaded this game about a year ago, and it worked fine. But now all of a sudden I get a "Run 8 has stopped working message" upon startup. Running on Windows 7, I've tried it all: reinstalling three times, running in administrator, compatibility mode. I'm out of ideas, please help!!

P.S. What is the contact info for the Run 8 devs? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks,
    Michael

Run8 can be contacted at "[email protected]". However, a couple of things to try - First, try reinstalling the redistributables like you did on the original installation. We've had reports that some Windows upgrades have messed up Run8 until that was done. We've also had reports if issues with some antivirus products. I have personally had issues running Run8 with AVG installed. We also have had reports of Norton flagging some Run8 modules as malign. Check the Run8 log, as well as your antivirus log.

I know I'm way late in giving help here, but you never know when someone comes along with the same problem. If all else fails, try "Run As Administrator".

Quote Originally Posted by zanger01 View Post
    I downloaded this game about a year ago, and it worked fine. But now all of a sudden I get a "Run 8 has stopped working message" upon startup. Running on Windows 7, I've tried it all: reinstalling three times, running in administrator, compatibility mode. I'm out of ideas, please help!!

P.S. What is the contact info for the Run 8 devs? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks,
    Michael
    It could be your autosaves. You might want to delete them [Run8Directory]../Content/V2Routes/Regions/[Region]/Autosaves/

Delete the files in the autosaves folder and then attempt to start the sim.
    David
    Highball Run 8 - Operations Team
    http://www.Highballrun8.com