Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Run8 be purchased outside of the U.S?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can Run8 be purchased outside of the U.S?

It's just something i need to get off my chest, I live in the UK. And i've been interesting in purchasing Run8. But the only question is, can it be purchased outside of the U.S? $50 compared to the average UK pound is £35 IIRC. I know it cannot be purchased via PayPal.

I think you just need a major credit card (Visa, Mastercard, etc) and it should go through fine since they're not shipping you a physical product.

Yes but they don't take Paypal so as noted above you need to pay by debit or credit card. You also need to be about to download fairly quickly as the download link has a limited validity (so don't forget to burn the files to disc or a thumb drive).

For some reason 3DTS not affected by (or disregard) the BNSF licensing issue which has stopped DTG from selling any products with that company's image outside the USA!
    Vern.

I think their Debit cards only come from Credit Unions, Geoff, they don't have things like Building Societies over there which we do that give you a Debit card for your account as standard practice. I've often wonderd how Americans get a statement slip from an ATM linked to their bank account, at any time of the day, or, night, Credit cards aren't generally linked to Bank Accounts over here, it makes you wonder how folks manage these days with all these plastic cards and things, I've never liked them, but, they are a necessity nowadays.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 02-19-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I have used a debit card when on holiday in the US without issue, albeit last occasion was some years ago. Effectively the debit card is an electronic replacement for writing a cheque, the latter now being pretty much obsolete here. In fact many locations in the UK now even have contactless for debit card so you just swipe it over the scanner and don't even put your PIN number in (personally I don't agree with that system).

Back OT, possibly 3DTS do need to look into Paypal particularly for their overseas customer base. Their only real concern might be chargebacks from people who buy the software then put in a spurious complaint (but keep the game). However given the niche market for Run8 I wouldn't have thought that would be a huge issue, particularly if the customer is an existing one in good standing. Then if someone did pull that stunt, all that would happen is when the game talks to Run8 validation, the account goes into unregistered mode.
    Vern.

My UK debit card works just fine (although I do get stung by the bank for an overseas transaction charge each time)

David

Quote Originally Posted by Dabs View Post
    My UK debit card works just fine (although I do get stung by the bank for an overseas transaction charge each time)

David
    This overseas transaction charge is a rort!

It never used to be there and now we have to pay a tax! For what exactly?
    Bloody banks....grrr! They get up my nose.

Their website doesn't accept UK Debit Cards, for some unknown reason, as that is just as good as cash, it won't allow me to use mine, anyway, and never has since Day 1, so, you need to double check exactly what plastic you can use that will go through without a hitch.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Their website doesn't accept UK Debit Cards, for some unknown reason,.....
    How odd!
    They accept debit/credit cards from we colonial convicts Down Here. Must be something to do with the Boston Tea thing.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    how odd!
    They accept debit/credit cards from we colonial convicts down here. Must be something to do with the boston tea thing.
    lol