Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Run8 be purchased outside of the U.S?

Quote Originally Posted by byelen View Post
    I wasn't aware that PayPal was such a venerable institution! :-D
    Obviously? We were ahead of the game with everything from Empire Building to payment methods!!! ....which reminds me that when I did my Institute of Bankers course we still learned about "Bills of Exchange"! (pre-dated cheques to save anyone Googling it).

Back on topic....whilst prepaid credit cards are available this side of the pond that seems to be a ludicrous amount of effort to have to go to?

Before Run 8 I bought several titles from 3D Train Stuff but it's so long ago I can't remember how I paid. In my foggy memory though I seem to recall back then that there was an issue if you didn't have a Credit Card? ....also that this was resolved by e-mailing them?

BTW do you not have DEBIT cards over there as well as CREDIT cards?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I think their Debit cards only come from Credit Unions, Geoff, they don't have things like Building Societies over there which we do that give you a Debit card for your account as standard practice. I've often wonderd how Americans get a statement slip from an ATM linked to their bank account, at any time of the day, or, night, Credit cards aren't generally linked to Bank Accounts over here, it makes you wonder how folks manage these days with all these plastic cards and things, I've never liked them, but, they are a necessity nowadays.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 02-19-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I have used a debit card when on holiday in the US without issue, albeit last occasion was some years ago. Effectively the debit card is an electronic replacement for writing a cheque, the latter now being pretty much obsolete here. In fact many locations in the UK now even have contactless for debit card so you just swipe it over the scanner and don't even put your PIN number in (personally I don't agree with that system).

Back OT, possibly 3DTS do need to look into Paypal particularly for their overseas customer base. Their only real concern might be chargebacks from people who buy the software then put in a spurious complaint (but keep the game). However given the niche market for Run8 I wouldn't have thought that would be a huge issue, particularly if the customer is an existing one in good standing. Then if someone did pull that stunt, all that would happen is when the game talks to Run8 validation, the account goes into unregistered mode.
    Vern.

My UK debit card works just fine (although I do get stung by the bank for an overseas transaction charge each time)

David

Quote Originally Posted by Dabs View Post
    My UK debit card works just fine (although I do get stung by the bank for an overseas transaction charge each time)

David
    This overseas transaction charge is a rort!

It never used to be there and now we have to pay a tax! For what exactly?
    Bloody banks....grrr! They get up my nose.