Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TSRE Manual & Extensions

Red face TSRE Manua??

Vince,

You state that one should print out the TSRE manual and keep it in a binder to be
    handy. Being visually oriented, I have done that, but the manual is pretty basic
    and I don't think Goku has updated since the start of TSRE. Fine, it is probably
    better if the users, like yourself, create the extensions to the manual.

So my suggestion is that while your hints & tips are helpful, I find them difficult
    to put in printable form, so I wonder if you or anyone else that creates hints
    etc. could do them in a text file, or a .pdf file in addition to the html format
    in the forum. You have to hand-key them in initially, so it would seem to me
    that if they were hand-keyed to a text file first, this could be easily copied to
    the TS edit window, and to a .pdf file. Perhaps Nels can create a section in
    the file library were zip files of the text/.pdf files can be placed.

In that format, they could be printed and added to our binders.

For example, there are comments about several procedures for generating
    terrain, but no specific instruction about this. I have a interest in this, in
    particular handling vertically offset terrain, so maybe I turn out to be the
    one to write that part??

I have a one-tile route that I use to try out new objects etc. and I am using
    it to aid in learning TSRE, so the idea of a one tile route is a good one.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

Wink TSRE Manual & Extensions

Vince,

You state that one should print out the TSRE manual and keep it in a binder to be
    handy. Being visually oriented, I have done that, but the manual is pretty basic
    and I don't think Goku has updated since the start of TSRE. Fine, it is probably
    better if the users, like yourself, create the extensions to the manual.

So my suggestion is that while your hints & tips are helpful, I find them difficult
    to put in printable form, so I wonder if you or anyone else that creates hints
    etc. could do them in a text file, or a .pdf file in addition to the html format
    in the forum. You have to hand-key them in initially, so it would seem to me
    that if they were hand-keyed to a text file first, this could be easily copied to
    the TS edit window, and to a .pdf file. Perhaps Nels can create a section in
    the file library were zip files of the text/.pdf files can be placed.

In that format, they could be printed and added to our binders.

For example, there are comments about several procedures for generating
    terrain, but no specific instruction about this. I have a interest in this, in
    particular handling vertically offset terrain, so maybe I turn out to be the
    one to write that part??

I have a one-tile route that I use to try out new objects etc. and I am using
    it to aid in learning TSRE, so the idea of a one tile route is a good one.

I posted this on two forums to get as many comments as possible.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

I did sort of start my own version of the manual for this reason... Its still a hot mess... but its here: https://github.com/pwillard/TSRE5-Document

Being 'public' also means... of you see a glaring error... you can fix it.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    I did sort of start my own version of the manual for this reason... Its still a hot mess... but its here: https://github.com/pwillard/TSRE5-Document

Being 'public' also means... of you see a glaring error... you can fix it.
    Just went to have a look....wow...thanks for sharing that...wonderful job....

i will be using the link a lot to make my manual...

Michel

Consider pushing any updates back at me... versus creating your own versions
    Last edited by pwillard; 02-21-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    In IRC at freenode #msts

In IRC at freenode #msts

I haven't figured out how to use that material. Seems like a number of additional programs are
    required. For a more formal manual, I would suggest pdf format files, or any type of text
    file that is digestible by Win-7 or Win-10

J. H. Sullivan

NOTE: I always include a PDF version of what that *code* creates in the same place. so yes, the PDF OUTPUT is one of the files.
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post

Invalid Link.
    Charles

I thought this might lead to a manual so that I could find what I was looking for, but not to be.

Thank you GokuMK for the information on placing scenery objects in general, your instruction works great. Now another question regarding item placement. A long passenger platform needs to be parallel to the tracks, I am finding that the rotation to achieve this is too coarse using either the mouse or the number keys. It seems to adjust it just so that it is not parallel to the track, on end or the other is too far away and the other is too close.

Is there a way of getting a finer adjustment of rotation? Or is there a trick to get long platform objects to sit parallel to the track?

Thank you for any help on this.