Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSW comes to XBox and a new forum page opens for their fans.......

Default TSW comes to XBox and a new forum page opens for their fans.......

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/for...ws-updates.86/

A new page is opened on the TSW forum, let 'em get on with it, now that us PC users have done their beta testing for them.

And as for the article, by their Senior Producer, that's a laugh, the original CSX Heavy Haul game was only released 11½ month's ago, NOT years, and we have NEVER been able to ''freely move around in'' the game, yet, ever since it was first released, and the Great Western Express version only came out last bloody September, what a complete load of typical DTG drivel.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...ourney-to-xbox

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 03-03-2018 at 07:05 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Said it was a console port when the game was released and everyone scoffed

Harold

TSW:GWE their first console release??? How big is the console market in GB compared to USA?

So that's where the limited draw distance and motion blurring came from, to fit the game into the limited graphics power of XBox ....
    Assuming those screenshots are actually taken from the XBox, take notice.
    It also probably means these issues which appear on powerful PC's will probably never get fixed. One code base to rule them all ...
    Last edited by Edwin; 03-02-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)

Many of us have always doubted we would ever get editting tools anyway, Edwin, otherwise we would have had them by now, DTG have always fobbed us off when that question has arisen.
    And, as you suggest the version they are selling, is the British route Great Western Express, according to the advertising, which I thought could only run if you had purchased CSX Heavy Haul first, well, it was for us PC users anyway, they haven't put that in the marketing blurb, or, was it all just a con trick to get us to pay more money needlessly to swell their bank account, however, unsure how XBoxers will cope with that if they demand more money for the base game first, they will probably offer them the German and other American releases after that, depending on how this goes down with the masses, however, anyone outside of the UK is going to vent their frustrations straight away I would have thought, let's hope Paul Jackson has invested in a lot of tin foil hats for his staff......
    And the other thing I note is that DTG are selling it via Microsoft, NOT, Steam, is that so customers cannot get a refund if they don't like it???

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 03-02-2018 at 03:52 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

If DTG's intension along was to make it for Xbox then they sure showed piss poor customer service for those who bought it under a year ago. DTG: "Yeah, right. We know it has bugs and big problems, but WE SWEAR we'll fix it!!"

Sounds like they never really cared if it would work on even a very high end PC......

Have a friend who tired TSW. (Got a refund REAL FAST!) His computer, which is a bit better across the board than mine couldn't handle the game. Both of us have pretty good computers.

Just GLAD I didn't fall for the pitch DTG made for TSW. My first reaction was this is going to another disaster just like TANE was ( maybe it still is) in the beginning.

Words fail me (for once)...!
    Vern.

Hahahahahahahaha, looks like i will have to purchase an Xbox One, Vern

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

sumitsingh Guest

Good for those who own Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha, looks like i will have to purchase an Xbox One, Vern Mike.
    We've got one dumped in the loft.On purchase found M$ didn't like BT email addresses so couldn't transfer account over from the old XBone (which had been previously wiped and sold), despite spending 45 mins on line chat with Mumbai to end up back where we started. So lost all the previously purchased games (mostly for SWMBO as she enjoys puzzle type games or simple shoot-em-ups). After resigning ourselves to paying again, purchased a Live credit to put on the (new) account only to find you could only use it off certain selected titles. Anything not in that list had to be purchased via debit or credit card.Not very impressed and classic M$ unfortunately, not customer friendly.
    Vern.

I have the original Xbox but only two shooter games. I don't like the graphics, so that is dumped with the games in the cupboard.

I prefer the pc for gaming, much more flexible Vern.

Also do not like the idea of having to pay again to be on line.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust