Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TSW comes to XBox and a new forum page opens for their fans.......

"I don't need to bring my PC into the living room anymore, now I can just fire up my console and relax on my couch while I race down the Great Western Main Line at 125mph. That's the dream. - Matt Peddlesden, Senior Producer".

If that's the extent of his dream then no wonder TSW is a pile of excrement.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

As for everything Dovetail Games, take it or leave it !. I left it a Year ago, and I wouldn't dream of spending another dime on their buggy and unreliable software...

Regards Claus (cvo2010)

Not only that "GWE" has moved on and the depiction from DTG, unless they've updated it is out of date.Electrification is now complete from Paddington to Didcot and other than positioning moves for the branch lines and the odd through working from Oxford, 99% of the commuter traffic is now Class 387 Electrostar EMU's, not Class 166 DMU's. That will change again in the next few months when Crossrail start operating their Class 345 EMU's initially replacing the 360's on the Heathrow Connect and ultimately becoming the inner suburban service from Reading into London.The Class 800 (and shortly 802) IET's are rapidly replacing the HST fleet and I believe the ambition is most long distance Inter City services will be IET operated by the end of this year.Many of the Class 166 fleet have already been displaced to the Bristol area and operating local services there - life initating art if we think back to Just Trains taking the easy path using the default Class 166 in Railworks for their Western routes, when at the time operated by 143/150/153/158 units!
    Vern.

Spot on Vern & Bruce.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

And the initial verdict posted by a customer at RWA is... not good.

http://railworksamerica.com/forum/vi...19800&start=15

It speaks volumes about the (in)comptency of this company that they cannot even optimise the title for a fixed hardware architecture, no blaming low powered video cards or insufficient RAM as with the PC user base.
    Vern.

Even Harper Beckham only gave the game 2 stars, said the screen tearing in XBox was absolutely atrocious. and advised folks to not bother getting the game until DTG fix it, she got a helpful vote for that comment, I wonder if that was from her Dad.........

TSW on XBox - The Beckhams.jpg

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 03-13-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

DTG did test it on their XBox didn't they? And they saw the woeful performance. But they went ahead anyway, on the assumption that it would perform better on the purchaser's XBox?

Maybe they didn't care. Or perhaps they have a cash flow problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Even Harper Beckham only gave the game 2 stars, said the screen tearing in XBox was absolutely atrocious. and advised folks to not bother getting the game until DTG fix it, she got a helpful vote for that comment, I wonder if that was from her Dad......... TSW on XBox - The Beckhams.jpgCheerz. Steve.
    No endorsement from the millionaire footballer/pop-star super model family, then!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post

Maybe they didn't care. Or perhaps they have a cash flow problem.
    Both probably Phil.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    No endorsement from the millionaire footballer/pop-star super model family, then!
    Apparently not, Vern. I can't forsee Mr. Jackson rubbing shoulders with David Beckham at the Palace collecting his Knighthood on the same day, anytime soon, either......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.