Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BLWZT B&O Set

Default BLWZT B&O Set

We're jumping into the fray of making B&O content thanks to Chris' route.

Two flatcars: the more common 50' version and the P11 40' flatcar that was being phased out in the 1950's.

PS -- How do I get the attachments to show full size?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Copy the thumbnail link and place it between two image tags.

Yes I've been wondering that? My images used to show in the post but now when I go advanced and "manage attachments" the uploaded image automatically posts as a thumbnail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick_Cantu View Post
    Copy the thumbnail link and place it between two image tags.
    Sorry to be dense but ...How? I'm not seeing where/how in the process I can do that. I can't even access "advanced" mode if I try to edit my post.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I can't think of an answer for the "go advanced" problem, but you have to preview your post first, and copy the links from there.

For example, I copied the link from the first image above:

Code:
     [IMG]https ://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=74070&d=1520115658[/IMG]
    (Note: remove space in https://)

And the result is:

OK got that .....but I don't see where the link is when you upload an image to the forum. I got this by going to my profile, opening an attachment and copying the link from a right click on properties of the image.... SURELY there's an easier way than that?????

EDIT :-
    Well I tried using the preview (still had to get the link from right click/properties) and that worked too.

HOWEVER ....it never used to be that complicated? Has there been a change/update in the Forum Software I missed. The only thing I don't have "switched on" in Settings is HTML ....but frankly I don't remember having looked at that in YEARS.

One thing that I'm not seeing is any icons above the reply pane. Didn't there used to be text formatting, insert quote, insert image etc.

As I say I don't remember having altered any setting personally. How about you Chris?
    Last edited by lateagain; 03-04-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Addition
    Geoff
    UK

After I upload an image to the post it shows as a thumbnail. Then I just double click on the thumbnail and it opens an options box to choose what size, been doing it that way for years, couldn't be easier.
    picture.JPG
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    After I upload an image to the post it shows as a thumbnail. Then I just double click on the thumbnail and it opens an options box to choose what size, been doing it that way for years, couldn't be easier.picture.JPG
    WELL NOT QUITE....... You have a solution there using Firefox.However I've looked at how the forum is shown in IE and Chrome.BOTH show a different Quick Reply dialogue.I have used IE for years, tried Firefox, tried Chrome ...saw little advantage in either so reverted to IE. Even put IE on my wife's Win 10 machine because "Edge" can only be described by other four letter words that would get me banned :-)SO the issue is why different browsers are giving different options? I always used to get the same "upload image" dialogue in IE that I now only see in Chrome. Further more "Manage Attachments" does NOT offer your "solution" above.I'm not trying to blow you out of the water here LOL! It's just that there's obviously been a change in one or more of the software's here? Is the issue the browser? the forum software? or other issues not related to either.BTW I'm still running Win7 64bit
    Geoff
    UK

It works for me, after choosing large in the image settings box it will post a large picture.I don't know what browsers would have to do with it. I have always found IE to be a piece of junk and haven't used it in years, I have never had a problem with FireFox.
    bo.JPG
    Jim

To "UnHiJack" Chris's thread I've started another.

The issue goes further than the way the forum uploads pictures. It affects the ability to format text, even create new paragraphs!

I'll ask the Moderator to remove the posts about uploading pictures unless Chris wants to try again using Jim's Fix in post #6. It works in Chrome too but see my new thread re wider issues in the General MSTS forum.
    Geoff
    UK

Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."