Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New update out

Default New update out

Program update out and BACKUP your Industry Config file if you have customized it

http://www.run8studios.com/updates_dlc.shtml

Also for those that have Selkirk and Mohawk there is an update also
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Program update out and BACKUP your Industry Config file if you have customized it

http://www.run8studios.com/updates_dlc.shtml

Also for those that have Selkirk and Mohawk there is an update also
    Backup your industry files (config.ind) even if you haven't customized them. The update overwrites them--I know! Mine are corrupted.

Below is what I posted over in the Depot forums. They are pointing me to some files on the Depot+ forums, but not being a Depot+ member, I can't see them yet.

I am hopeful of a resolution soon...

[SNIP]
    So, the warning is too late for me... all I see when I press Left-Ctrl-I in the the UP/BNSF Southwest US is a boatload of "new", unfamiliar industries that return the message, "Couldn't find track node. Check industry configuration" when I try to transport to them.

Also, in the CSX Selkirk NY Region I see fifteen (15) industries listed; many of which return the message, "Warning: Industry configuration not saved! Invalid industry configuration. Fix or delete the industry" when trying to transport to them.
    [SNIP]
    Eschew Obfuscation...

As in what I posted in the last thread I was fortunate to have made a backup a year ago that didn't' change much.

Thanks

Sean

This message is displayed (on the Run8 Studios "Update" page) for the latest update to Run 8.........

"The Run 8 V2 - 3.5.2018 update 4 is now available! To get the new 105 MB update please Click Here.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: This update preceeds all previous v2 program updates."

If it is an update, how can it possibly preceed [sic] what has gone before?!

Perhaps they meant "succeeds" and not "precedes". I hope so, because I'm downloading it!
    Last edited by seagoon; 03-09-2018 at 01:43 AM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

post deleted
    Last edited by dab1068; 03-10-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Quote Originally Posted by dab1068 View Post
    If we are going to make a big deal about wordage,.... If we are going to be that picky.
    You consider using the correct words to describe or explain something as being "picky", do you? How odd.
    When I was being educated it was just basic grammar.

The person at Run8 who writes this stuff for public consumption may be just as confused by "replaces".
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Age definitely turns people into GOMs (or GOWs). The level of grumpiness is directly proportional to the level of intolerance we each have.

But yes, I also will definitely buy the LA route. It won't brake the budget...and I won't have a dual with my wife over the purchase.

Hey Bruce, I think you mean duel ....but let's not get too bent out of shape about it champ!
    Would be great to keep the discussion going about Run 8.

Quote Originally Posted by daca61 View Post
    Hey Bruce, I think you mean duel ....
    No, I actually meant dual.

I was highlighting (repeating) the grammatical errors initially pointed out by my fellow Australian, those errors being the incorrect use of "break" and "dual" when "brake" and "duel" should be used.

"The Run 8 V2 - 3.5.2018 update 4 is now available! To get the new 105 MB update please Click Here.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: This update preceeds all previous v2 program updates."

Yes I read and noticed it as well, and despite the wording, Didn't give a flying F*#*, downloaded the patch, installed,
    ran the game, took a look at the new industry config, and realized how big LA expansion is going to be, and developed a big smile on my face.

Yes despite being a grumpy 51 year old senior citizen I don't care about other people's grammar or lack of it, there are more important things in life, such as running RUN8 and playing with the Choo Choo's .

CHILL .

Wow, tough crowd. I thought the eye wink emoticon would elude to the fact that I was joking about it. I withdraw my statement for the betterment of society and you guys can have a wonderful evening.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850