Thread: How to make street lights which light effects used in locomotive headlight.

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

Lightbulb How to make street lights which light effects used in locomotive headlight.

Respected Sir,
    I tried many time to make street light shapes with eng effects. please help to how can I make street light and platform light shapes with best lighting which is already used in locomotive headlights

Contact Marc at 3D trains. He made some nice ones a few years ago for a project I was working on. The effect in OR is really good on flatland routes approaching from a distance.

Basil

I don't think there's any way to do it with a sphere of light. You can ape it with a polygon on the ground that has a lit material applied. That won't actually cast light on anything that moves underneath it, though, it'll just be a bright spot wherever you put the polygon. Most people add a visible cone emanating from the light as well, which makes the lights look like they're in perpetual fog.
    Last edited by Erick_Cantu; 03-11-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Yes - the only way to use lights on objects in MSTS is to fake it using AddATex for the material in your modeling program.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

Thanks for your reply,but can you provide me any tutorial regarding this?