Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SweetFX and ReShade

Default SweetFX and ReShade

It appears that these shader extensions (SweetFX and ReShade) might be compatible with Open Rails. I was wondering if anyone has tried. Thanks
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

I've been thinking about that as well. I sure will be following this thread.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Yes, I use sweetfx with ORTS. See this https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...11#post1929511

Do you find any visual advantages? And is there a significant frame rate hit? Would you mind posting some screen shots?
    Thanks in advance.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Chris, very glad you started this thread. I was thinking of doing the same yesterday, but ran out of time.
    Advut was nice enough to send me his .cfg file (OR test 1), but I am not sure I have it all set up correctly. I tried to mirror in OR by simply copying the SweetFX files from my Flightim's (FS9/FS2004) main directory and didn't see anything different in OR.
    Also, I am not sure if I need to rename Advut's file to something specific, and to place it where???
    If Advut, or anyone, would be kind enough to explain the install locations for files, and all - that would be fantastic.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

To people who experience difficulty setting up sweetfx for ORTS, you must use monogame version and must select direct 3d 10+ in sweetfx setup screen. Selecting d3d 9 won't work. Please read the instructions at the Czech site that I linked in the post of the other thread. Everything is detailed very clearly at that Czech site. BTW, renaming preset isn't required, you just load it from the reshade menu.

I believe there has also been discussion of this topic at Elvas tower.

Screenshots I've seen so far look cool, but a little intense and washed out. Interesting but not compelling enough to pull me into fiddling with it. Besides, Chris, I've got to be working on that B&O set!

Christopher

If it can enable me to use monogame, and regain use of AA, that would be the main reason for me to give it a go. Massive improvement in FPS in Monogame, I just couldn't get the AA working. Always able to tweak settings in the Sweetfx files, so could possibly get the over-saturated, or washed out look taken care of.
    I know it worked wonders for my flightsim.

How does one go about getting the Czech site translated to English?
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Hi Folks,

How do we get Monogame ? or is that just the latest version of OR ?

Also - can we bring the procedure over here or put together a FAQ - so we don't have to go bouncing around the globe to figure out how to do it ? I'm sure many would benefit - also - if someone creates a good profile it would be helpful if they were willing to share that as well - the custom profiles make all the difference in the world...

I've used both SweetFX and Reshade extensively in Flight Simulator - although these days modifying the in game shaders seems to be in vogue... Out of the two post processing shaders - ReShade had better results... SweetFX would always make the whites glow way too much...

Thanks...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 03-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    How does one go about getting the Czech site translated to English?
    With Google Chrome obviously, it has automatic translation built-in.