Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SweetFX and ReShade

Scott where is the shade profile located? I want to try yours out.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick_Cantu View Post
    Well, the honest truth is that I really, really, really love Open Rails, and feel that, when it gets modern rendering capabilities, it could very well be the sim to beat (in terms of physics - especially with the ability to do all of the things we can do with include files - I feel that is is already superior). But sometimes the conservatism grates on my nerves, and it does often feel like dealing with a preservation society and its "club" atmosphere.
    To me OpenRails is just something to run MSTS on newer hardware.

The game will never look good because like Trainz it is tied to the corpse of 2004ish assets and legacy equipment of the users.

Railworks never had that problem, running Railworks initially required an upgrade in equipment and believe most users did.

OpenRails isn't a major player in TrainSims, the assets require finding an old copy of an abandoned game.

Love the Monogame/Reshade version of OpenRails.

Thanks to all the guys who have got all the MSTS stuff to this level. Making a fringe game playable on modern equipment.

Harold

Hi...

I posted it earlier in this thread - you should be able to get it from there - I can't get to my DropBox account at the moment to grab the link again...

Once you have it - place it in the folder you created for "ORTSmono" - whatever you called it...

Launch ORTS Mono and start whatever scenario you want - once in game press [Shift][F2] to bring up the ReShade menu - on the top there's window dropdown dialog that allows you to pick a "preset" my file should then appear in the list... Select the file... Then change the mode from "Configuration" to "Performance" - which will compile the shaders as per the preset... Close the interface and enjoy - or go back to "Configuration" mode and tweak to your hearts content... Always go back to "Performance" when done making changes...

If you assign a "Toggle Key" in the ReShade interface - this will turn ReShade on and off in the sim - so you can easily see how dramatic the changes are...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 03-13-2018 at 09:18 AM.

That is really quite a difference, i am impressed with how well everything stands out and is so much sharper.

You did a really good job on the profile you made Scott. I tried the rattle snake route and it just made the whole route stand out. I really like how the sidewalks and roads come together and it actually looks like there are curbs now.

Hi...

Thanks - happy to help... The preset I posted was just 30 minutes work - I plan to revisit and dive into it a bit deeper... It seems to offer great potential...

I have posts from years ago regarding ORTS lighting on Elvas - where I brought up the point that even the Feather River seemed dull and dreary on a bright summer day... As a result of that discussion the ORTS team added the adjustable brightness slider to the interface... While it was a step in the right direction - it really didn't address the issue - perhaps I'm spoiled by Flight Sim graphics... ReShade finally seems to address the issue head on - and to me - offers a vast improvement over default ORTS...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 03-13-2018 at 10:05 AM.

See this is all new to me so I have no idea what to adjust slide or change. I am really lost on what to do I hope this will help remove the night time street light cone of light issue as well. If you do make the update can you send one my way by chance please?

Hi...

Sure - it's really all just trial and error... I'm sure others will start developing profiles as well... We may need different profiles for day or night - easily swapped in the interface...

Regards,
    Scott

I tried it in night time. The cone of light effect is still present but it no longer looks so bright and seems to fade a little bit at the bottem

My only other question is the mono version wants to update if i do that is that going to affect it or break it?

Hi...

OK - honestly I don't run at night very often...

Yep - don't update - this is a stand alone test... As I understand it - ORTS is committed to moving to Monogame in the "official" path at some point in the near future - until then - you need to poke around Elvas to find the test Monogame updates - only occasionally updated...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi...

OK - honestly I don't run at night very often...

Yep - don't update - this is a stand alone test... As I understand it - ORTS is committed to moving to Monogame in the "official" path at some point in the near future - until then - you need to poke around Elvas to find the test Monogame updates - only occasionally updated...

Regards,
    Scott

Thank you! glad I asked before i did update. I like running at night but I say early morning and sunset are my favorites