Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Run8 Still No Competition after 6 years

Aaaaaaaw bless her, she is gorgeous. I love kitties, one of my daughters has a cat. But he hates the sight of me, but i think he is brilliant.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    LOL, my late cat always tried to lay down on the keyboard, trying to prevent me from working.
    No matter how often I swatted him away, he would always come back, silly creature :-)
    Ha ha.

Same Same.
    It amazes me that a cat can find a keyboard so comfortable.

And how it constantly cleans the windscreen with his tail.

Turbos start singing in run 3 and he purrs contentedly

Anyone know if there is likely to be another version of External Dispatcher released, to include Seligman Sub and the new LA route, please.

Getting the hang of it now, loads more versatile than the default DS.

Mike.

Not that I'm aware.

We are all waiting on TSCAD and people like myself who would love to build an external dispatcher (with AI dispatching) just doesn't have the connections

Thanks

Sean

Oh heck, brain dead me. I forgot that TSCAD was in development.

Thanks Sean, many thanks for jerking me awake.

Which reminds me, i removed the subscription to your channel accidentally.

Home page is always full of recommended rubbish, i keep deleting them and others then appear.

Only had two subs, your channel and The Rolling Stones official.

Thank you,
    Mike.

Can anyone please enlighten me as to why AI never spawns at East Seligman.

In the shift+F2 AI creation menu. i have the slider for ES WB fully to the right hand side.

Then on the next page, all the sliders except "empty flats" i think it is called and "passenger".

Are all over to the far right to enable generation. But alas nothing ever happens, no AI and the spawn now buttons are all greyed out.

In regards Seligman East WB and a couple of other spawn points.

Thank you,
    Mike.

I don't have the route but if it's greyed out is because you haven't added any trains to it. Run8 had some traffic I believe but not in all places, but it's pretty easy to add new trains. Just go deeper into the various types make up a symbol, click the radio buttons, and you'll have traffic.

Thanks

Sean

I don't understand sorry Sean. I thought the AI was supposed to be created automatically at the spawn points.

Once the criteria for the types of trains to spawn is set up.

Thank you anyway buddy.

Mike.

AI will only spawn if you have trains created. In other words Run8 has a traffic file that is modified when you change the probability etc. What you may have not seen is TRAIN SYMBOLS. Just like you go into train types and set up probability, you then have a button in the same spot that says TRAIN SYMBOLS. You have to click on that button and that will take you to a list of symbols for each type. If you have never entered one it's likely because Run8 already had some created in V2. The buttons change on the upper left and upper right as you dig down deeper like a tree.

Top level is your traffic options allowing you to turn AI on, set the min max etc.

Spawn Points are what Run8 has programmed into each route you have installed. This is where the greyed out or not starts showing to indicate if you have anything in the next level below. If it's grey here it means you have no types or trains set.

Train Types are also predefined by Run8 where again you can set probability. It will also show you the greyed out options if no train symbols are set.

Finally you have the train symbols. If you want to see an example of one the best place to go is in one already in (not greyed). This is how Run8 knows what symbols to call out of their random bingo ball picker thingy. I'm wondering what will come first TSCAD from those that have the DLL instructions to get by all the mines placed to deter hacking the external dispatcher. Or that mo betta schedule system Regardless AI dispatching is now a pipe dream for me unless the run8 gods or disciples decide they want to try one of their own

Anyways the AI documentation should help you on getting this set up if your still not sure. I've added trains in various live streams (good luck in finding them but you might get lucky and find an old title where I mentioned it). I did add trains recently to LA.

Speaking of LA of course, and my little ribs or digs posted above. LA is well worth the price they are asking. I was fortunate to be gifted my copy, but I do have some future purchases in mind down the road. For all that I would like to do with run8 still, as I kicked off this thread I stand by my statement in the title. The pluses far outweigh the minority negatives I seek to be part of an even better train simulation.

Thanks

Sean

Tell you what I'll do I was going to go into a short live stream. A video will come up on my channel dated 4/17/18 and I'll deal with this right at the start. it won't be a long video, and should explain things.

Thanks

Sean