Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: LA San Bernardino sub is out

Seriously Bruce,

i am Welsh buddy not English, i am also a nationalist. No i don't speak fluent welsh Bruce, we moved to England when i was 12 yrs old. They don't tend to teach welsh in their schools. I can sing our anthem in welsh word perfect, i was taught that at Neyland Junior school. Also the welsh that i have picked up since moving home.

Hahahahaha, nice one, the Poles hate the Russkies though buddy.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Seriously Bruce,

i am Welsh buddy not English, i am also a nationalist. No i don't speak fluent welsh Bruce, we moved to England when i was 12 yrs old. They don't tend to teach welsh in their schools. I can sing our anthem in welsh word perfect, i was taught that at Neyland Junior school. Also the welsh that i have picked up since moving home.

Hahahahaha, nice one, the Poles hate the Russkies though buddy.

Mike.
    and i am sure you are proud of the wales rugby team's performance this year in the 6 nations games. great games to watch.....

Quote Originally Posted by goneon66 View Post
    and i am sure you are proud of the wales rugby team's performance this year in the 6 nations games. great games to watch.....

Could have been better 66, losing to England always hurts. But overall 2nd wasn't too bad buddy.

Mike.

The Welshman in my model railway club speaks Welsh fluently and can say 'Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­ llan­tysilio­gogo­goch' without drawing a breath. He was a popular local entertainer and kids TV host here in Brisbane in the 70s and 80s, anyone growing up here in that time knows his character Boris the Black Knight, googling Eric Summons will bring up info and photos. His mother lived beside the railway just outside Milford Haven and still very active until she passed away about a year ago in her 90s, he tried to get her to come and meet me in 2015 but she was out and not answering her phone.

Very small percentage of people speak welsh in this part of South West Wales buddy.

The north of Pembrokeshire, St Davids and Fishguard area is more welsh speaking.

My front door is about 100 yards from the railway line.

Mike.

Don't come to Perth Mike.

More "bloody poms' here than Aussies!

Haha...all in good fun!

Out of interest, do the Welsh and pons have this same friendly banter. Or a little more serious over there?

Perth is one to cross off the list then buddy.

I can stay in Wales and be surrounded by incomers.

English government, English ruling classes and people from England who move to Wales and think they own the place.

I hate with a vengeance, with no reservations. Apart from that there is a lot of harmless banter on both sides.

Take individuals as they come, wherever they are from.

Mike.

Wales is a nice place to be sure but getting back to LA this is what I've been up to for the last few nights.

I resaved the Busy LA LA Land world as My World and then picked out a string of cars sitting in the receiving yard at Barstow and tagged them at random for the three locals that work the Los Angeles Jcn Rly ending up with 42 cars. It took me a good seven hours to set them out at their destinations and that was without any to pick up except two empty boxcars already at one industry and a couple more I found on their own down the end of an unnamed siding and thought I might as well take with me. That's just one of the many switching areas in LA so there are literally hours of 'fun'. The seven hours working the LAJ doesn't count the eleven hour round trip from Barstow to LA though I'm making better time on the return because I only have my four empty boxcars pulled by two GP40-2s.

I am not personally into shunting\switching buddy. Prefer mainline running, trying to get my small brain around the External Dispatcher functions.

Mike.