Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: East Seligman to LAUPT

I have just travelled in the opposite direction through Walong (sounds more Australian than North American)

No idea where i saw the green terrain textures, because everything is desert again.

Do you know if they are seasonal or not alvinkathage. It was winter on my first run, but i changed the calender to June, for the return trip.

Either that or i have lost the plot.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I have just travelled in the opposite direction through Walong (sounds more Australian than North American)

No idea where i saw the green terrain textures, because everything is desert again.

Do you know if they are seasonal or not alvinkathage. It was winter on my first run, but i changed the calender to June, for the return trip.

Either that or i have lost the plot.

Mike.
    I think I've only ever run it in Summer but I just hovered over Tehachapi Loop and changed the date from July to December using the F1 screen and the country side does get greener. The area around Crozier Canyon between Seligman and Kingman did the same but not to as great an extent. Run8 never ceases to amaze.

There is a town called Woodford not far from where I live, I always thought the town of Coalinga further north in the San Joaquin Valley was a place name that would be at home on an Australian map as well. Santa Fe had a station called Cairns on the Porterville Subdivision up that way too.

Thanks for that buddy, i didn't think to manually try the seasons myself.

Old age and senility is my excuse. So that is another goody then, the terrain being seasonal.

Oh you have Woodford, yeah Coalinga sounds Australian to me as well. Cairns i didn't know was a US location, as well as AU.

Walong to me sounds very Northern Territory, maybe Alice Springs region.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd