Thread: trouble saving activities using train store

Default trouble saving activities using train store

for some reason when i run an activity using trainstore and save it like i always did running msts by itself,, the dang activity does not save!! only reasn im using trainstore is cause someone says i might have to many consists saved in my folder ... i have 859 what is the limit??,,, and how to save my runs useing train store thanx

Quote Originally Posted by rail driver1963 View Post
    for some reason when i run an activity using trainstore and save it like i always did running msts by itself,, the dang activity does not save!! only reasn im using trainstore is cause someone says i might have to many consists saved in my folder ... i have 859 what is the limit??,,, and how to save my runs useing train store thanx
    You've already started a thread on this and several folk have replied . Have you read the manual for trainstore? It's VERY detailed. AS I already suggested why not try Mini-Routes.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

After exiting MSTS and returning to Train Store a dialog opens that says:
    TS1.JPG
    You reported saving the Scenario in another thread. BUT did you reload the Scenario when you returned to Train Store to run the saved activity?

Train Store will save the Scenario as a TSS file. Scenarios are configurations of Train Store identifying which routes, activities, paths, services, consists and rolling stock are unstored. If you do anything else with Train Store between saving the Scenario and then trying to access the saved Activity, the Saved Activity may become stored and not accessible. Therefore you MUST open the saved Scenario used previously when the Activity was saved.

Concerning your number of consists: Train Store has the capability of reporting things that are not used in Activities or identified as consists to load fir use in explore mode. If you run this tool and then take the output to pare down your Consist folder by moving these consists to a "Holding" folder (maybe a subfolder of your Consists Folder) then this will Allow you to run MSTS w/o the too many consists limitation.
    Charles

It is very good at what is does.
    Some people don't know how it works.
    It works by moving files to where MSTS can't find them, and here lies the key.

Did you uninstall train store, or delete its folders?
    If you uninstalled train store, then you are safe.
    The train store folder structure will still be on your C drive.
    It has a consists and trainset folders, that just need to be moved back to the MSTS consist and trainset folders.
    Cheers
    Derek

Man, have you read the manual for the "damn program"? It's a great program for those who take the time to READ and understand it's functionality.
    Like Derek mentioned, it sounds to me like you possibly did not unstore any of your stored trainsim files before dumping Train Store.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Man, have you read the manual for the "damn program"? It's a great program for those who take the time to READ and understand it's functionality.
    Like Derek mentioned, it sounds to me like you possibly did not unstore any of your stored trainsim files before dumping Train Store.
    .....you can lead a horse to water etc. A search of these or the forum at UKTS will quickly find LOADS of posts about missing consists with Trainstore..... and all because the user failed to unstore stuff .

Still you can use the forums to get help ...or you can use them to vent your spleen.

A bit of common sense should tell anyone that a utility downloaded as much as Trainstore HAS to be a good one?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I deeply apologize for all of the crap I have been giving you guys!
    By the spelling, you can probably tell that this is not really me.
    I will go back and read the fine manual.

Thank you for all the help!!
    Last edited by rick; 04-13-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Speling