Thread: Activity says srv file is missing. But the file is present in the services folder

Angry Activity says srv file is missing. But the file is present in the services folder

Recently I have downloaded an act for a route called Nagpur-Bhusawal. The name of the act is 12723 Telangana Express. Whenever I open that act, an error pops up saying that "An essential file is missing and open rails cannot continue.
    Game directory/open rails/ROUTES/ngpbsl/services/ DAKSHIN EXP 1.srv". But when I went through the folder, I found out that the required srv file is indeed present in the services folder of that route. I tried to install that act many more times. but the error still persists. I dont know what to do!

Check there is not a space between the file name and the file type.

DAKSHIN EXP 1.srv

Not

DAKSHIN EXP 1 .srv
    http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/80489/WWCo.jpg

Hi,
    In the .act file, all the DAKSHIN services are entered as, for example, " DAKSHIN EXP 1", ie with a leading space. I'm pretty certain that Windows doesn't recognise a leading space in any file names. The .srv files also show a leading space in the Consist and Path names, so I've no doubt they will also cause problems!!

Your SERVICES folder will, indeed, contain those files, but without the leading space; Windows won't allow you to insert one!

Cheers,
    Ged

I checked the whole name of the service as shown in the dialog error box and checked the service file too. but it didn't solve. I am attaching the picture of the .srv fileDialog box.PNG.srv file.jpg.

Ged told you what the cause was in post #3, and if you look closely at your error message you will see that indeed the act file is looking for a filename with a space as the first entry. All you need to do is open the act file and check every line that defines a service and make sure that there are no leading spaces in the filenames.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.