Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats it with people complaining about DTG TS physics system being "bad"?

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Folks,
    And now DTG's primary focus is bringing the same mess to a much larger community and therefore the more lucrative world of Flight Sims...
    Regards,
    Scott
    Stop Press: Actually, Scott, you won't need to worry about DTG Flightsimming any more, as they've just pulled the plug on it.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Wait what? Really? How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Stop Press: Actually, Scott, you won't need to worry about DTG Flightsimming any more, as they've just pulled the plug on it.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Hi Steve,

While not unexpected - I do feel bad for those that embraced it... DTG garnered quite a bit of enthusiasm which I did try to temper with my experience with them over here... I think DTG’s plan was really an attempt to capture all the 3rd party developers and get a piece of their action with every and every purchase... I don’t think anyone really bought into this and without third party developers - the product was dead in the starting blocks... While having alternatives is good - in little niche markets - such as we have here - I think it just fragments our already limited resources - taking away from other products that show more potential...

I can’t say I’m sorry to see them go and thanks for the heads up...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by timl132 View Post
    It’s all over AvSim...

Quote Originally Posted by timl132 View Post
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...uncement.4514/

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Steve,
    While not unexpected - I do feel bad for those that embraced it... DTG garnered quite a bit of enthusiasm which I did try to temper with my experience with them over here... I think DTG’s plan was really an attempt to capture all the 3rd party developers and get a piece of their action with every and every purchase... I don’t think anyone really bought into this and without third party developers - the product was dead in the starting blocks... While having alternatives is good - in little niche markets - such as we have here - I think it just fragments our already limited resources - taking away from other products that show more potential...

I can’t say I’m sorry to see them go and thanks for the heads up...

Regards,
    Scott

Yes, I feel for Flightsimmers, such as your goodself, Scott, and many others, I was myself involved for over 7 years, and put a lot of money into various developers pockets, however, this news is not the end of the world, as such, you still have FS, FSX and Prepar3D to continue with your past-time from the Microsoft stable, and a few other brand new FlightSims are coming onto the market, there are a few now chasing the niche customers within this hobby.

Anyway, I think I've hijacked this thread enough now, so, I'd better sign off.....

Cheerz. Steve.

Well it is relevant (in case the Mods are watching these FSW comments) in so far as it is due warning for anyone thinking of buying DTG products - within the limits of what we can say by the CoC and stopping short of libel/slander!
    Vern.

Yes, it's probably best to put your wallet away in your back pocket again, when considering buying DTG products at the present.

Take it out again in half a year or so, and see what progress DTG has made with TSW before making a purchase of that franchise.
    Edwin "Kanawha"

The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)