Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Bucket Line as non-American route

Our train is approaching to Lake Hurst:

Another train that arrives to Lake Hust (from Newton) - boxcar train with first edition of diesel locomotive TE3 with different cab. Also we see the reason of our slow ride - southbound local train from Mount Oliver with steam locomotive Эу (Eu). In 1980s some steam locos continued active work on the Soviet Railways, last Soviet broad-gauge steam locomotive was made in 1957 year.

Vladislav

Steam locomotive Э (E) - most popular Russian/Soviet steam locomotive, In 1912-1957 were made 10853 locos of various modifications. These locomotives actively worked during WWI, Russian Civil War, Soviet industrialization, WWII, Cold War, some locos were in work after USSR collapse in 1991 year. It's a modification Эу, in 1926-1931 were made 2166 locos, 1500 horsepower. Red locos - one unit of 2TE116 and passenger diesel locomotive ТЭП70 (TEP70) - 4000 horsepower, in 1977-2006 were made 576 locos:

2ТЭ121 (2TE121) - experimental Soviet increased power freight diesel locomotive, 4000 horsepower per unit, in 1978-1992 were made 76 double locos (152 units). This locomotive was too heavy and had problems with gearing and fuel economy, modernization of this locomotive was not completed because of collapse of USSR. In this activity it's a experimental train with this loco and first car is laboratory car:

Sometimes history repeats, in 2000s were made 12 (24 units) locos 2TE70, freight modification of TEP70 and also 4000 horsepower per unit. This locomotive also was unsuccessful, but in 2016 year these locos appeared on my line, in this video I was capture first experimental train with 2TE70 with laboratory car:
    Vladislav

The eastern european theme does indeed match well with the FBL environment. I very much like what you did here.

I will say it again, FBL was very popular route among the Russian MSTS users in first years before creation of Russian routes, in trainsim.ru file libary still has one activity for FBL3, also with 2TE10L diesel locomotive. Many users imagine FBL as route in ex-USSR Middle Asian republics or desert regions of Russia, wherein Soviet desert routes still not created!

Small easter egg of this activity - switcher TEM2 with unserviceable freight electric locomotive ВЛ8 (VL8) - in 1953-1967 were made 1722 double locos (work of one unit is impossible), 5000 horsepower per locomotive, it's a one of most reliable Soviet locomotives, some locos still use in Ukraine, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan. I decided to put all types of locos in Lake Hurst - steam, diesel and electric:

Vladislav

2TE10L with postal-baggage train:

To be continued...

Soundtrack - music from Soviet movie "Time, forward!" by Georgiy Sviridov, this music also was the start soundtrack of Soviet TV-news:
    Vladislav

"Непредвиденные обстоятельства" ("Nepredvidenniye obstoyatelstva" - "Unseen circumstances"), episode №3.

Vladislav

Some forgotten screenshots:

Vladislav

Lake Hurst yardmaster: Engineer of train №3249! I stop you in Lake Hurst, you departures after train №2771, but due to maintenance work between Olympia and Lake Hurst you can seriously linger!

Engineer of boxcar train: I understood you, but only 3 hours left to end of my shift, if I to be late to Frampton, change of locomotive crew must be in Lake Hurst!
    Vladislav

Vladislav

Lake Hurst signalman: Engineer of train №3823! Move through southern border of station and after backwards to yard track №7!

Steam train engineer: Andryuha, add the coal, our trip is not over!

Stokerman: Roger!
    Vladislav