Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Bucket Line as non-American route

Southbound express freight - milk, cars and containers:
    Vladislav

Vladislav

Those are some nice screenshots. I'm in the progress of collecting down under rolling stock to run this route in the Australian way.

We arrives to Lake Hurst:
    Vladislav

Vladislav,
    Thanks for the great FBL screenshots with an Aussie theme. You have inspired me to dig out my FBL route and give it an Aussie upgrade.
    Cheers mate.
    Damo

Are there any fuel tenders or crew coaches for the long distance Aussie freights available?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Are there any fuel tenders or crew coaches for the long distance Aussie freights available?

Robert
    No to all I believe. It's been years since I've run Aussie content, but back when I was, I used to try to replicate our desert consists by repainting a pair of tanktainers to simulate the inline refueling tanks, using a regular passenger car for the crew car and reskinning US wells to create our double stacks. All very jerry-rigged, but better than nothing.
    Cheers!
    Pete

Pete, I take it there is very little MSTS development from Aussie these days?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Pete, I take it there is very little MSTS development from Aussie these days?

Robert
    I'm sure that's right Robert. I got back into MSTS late 08 or early 09 from memory and 98% of the Aussie content available now was available then. Getting more and more into the U.S. side of the sim and the newer and much improved models made going back to local stuff produced in the first few years of MSTS increasingly difficult. About the only "state of the art" Aussie model or route I can think of being released in the past 5 years or so would be Marek Lemow's excellent NR class loco. For whatever reason, most of the Aussie content creators seemed to give it up early on. Ignoring issues like Flintstone wheels, 512 textures, basic boxy models etc, there's a pretty good representation of the various eras of our state owned railways but probably not enough from any one state or era to be truly representative and not much at all from the modern era. Best way to enjoy it is to just throw a whole bunch of it together as Vladislav is doing and have a bit of fun.

FBL looks like a decent option for our Trans-Australia line. I used to use Seligman and Cajon for mine. For anyone wanting to try a couple of Aussie routes, the South Australian route Adelaide, Hills & SE was way ahead of it's time, despite the name Short West & Short South is one of the longest (and most challenging) drives in the MSTS world and I always loved Footscray to Ballarat, especially for the challenge of taking on Warrenheip bank. All available at steam4me.
    Cheers!
    Pete

I used to try to replicate our desert consists by repainting a pair of tanktainers to simulate the inline refueling tanks, using a regular passenger car for the crew car and reskinning US wells to create our double stacks
    I also saw the problem - in MSTS there little of modern Australian rolling stock. For my Pacific National southbound express freight train I use passenger car from NSW passenger train "Southern Aurora" (cars of this train also uses in "Indian Pacific" train). For consists creating I saw Australian videos on Youtube. I would very much like to see in MSTS tall boxcars BGV from this video (from 5:08):

Most similair boxcar - 86' high cube boxcar with beer Victoria Bitter, vbbbox.zip in file libary.

Best way to enjoy it is to just throw a whole bunch of it together as Vladislav is doing and have a bit of fun.
    Unfortunately, in MSTS less Commonwealth Railways locomotives and cars, in the main lot of NSW and Victorian rolling stock. Apparently creator of oriignal activity (Mike O'Brien) also encountered with this problem, so many traffic trains is NSW of Freight Corp. I also added locos and cars of West Coast Railway, South Australia Railway, Australian national Railways and Pacific National Railway, especially this railways partially or completely uses standard gauge and in theory locomotive from NSW or Western Australia somehow can get to Australian deserts.

Actions in Lake Hurst:
    Vladislav