Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Bucket Line as non-American route

After watching some railroad movies on YouTube it seems that the seligman route would also be a nice route to run Australian rolling stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazyuk View Post
    For consists creating I saw Australian videos on Youtube. I would very much like to see in MSTS tall boxcars BGV from this video (from 5:08):
    The lack of any SCT locos or rolling stock was a real problem for me when I was running Aussie trains. It would have been good to have been able to run "the big white train" as it is quite an impressive sight.

Cheers!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Vazyuk View Post
    Unfortunately, in MSTS less Commonwealth Railways locomotives and cars, in the main lot of NSW and Victorian rolling stock. Apparently creator of oriignal activity (Mike O'Brien) also encountered with this problem, so many traffic trains is NSW of Freight Corp. I also added locos and cars of West Coast Railway, South Australia Railway, Australian national Railways and Pacific National Railway, especially this railways partially or completely uses standard gauge and in theory locomotive from NSW or Western Australia somehow can get to Australian deserts.
    The Victorian and NSW railways of the 70's & 80's are fairly well represented and like you, I used to just mix it up a bit depending on my mood. In terms of modern running, Marek's NR class is far and away the most common locomotive on the desert crossing these days. Pacific National run the majority of transcontinental services now and the NR class is the dominant loco.

And yes... from Perth on our west coast, trains cross the Nullabor to Port Augusta in South Australia. At Port Augusta they can continue on to Adelaide and Melbourne or branch off to Sydney and the line to Alice Springs also runs through Port Augusta. The double stacks only run between Perth and Adelaide as our eastern seaboard has too many bridges and tunnels (unfortunately) to allow them to operate.
    Cheers!
    Pete

I think we are all sounding very desperate,
    but whatever floats you boat.

We departures from Lake Hurst:
    Vladislav

Vladislav

Vladislav

Your screenshots are amazing! Do you run in MSTS or in OR?

It's a MSTS and MSTSBin.

Vladislav