Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A new British Steam route comes to TSW, it's been announced......

Default A new British Steam route comes to TSW, it's been announced......

I aint personally bovvered about TSW now, as I've deleted it off my hard drive, but, some of you may be interested in this recent news, so, I'll open a thread for you all.

This is an interesting development actually, especially, as Matt P. said recently about TS2018, that modern routes sell the best, and I can't see the XBox gamers getting too over excited about Steam, they probably don't even know what it is......

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...e/to-the-beach

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 05-02-2018 at 08:11 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

More toy town preservation rubbish. Buying CSX and then Paddington - Reading, was the greatest waste of money. That i have ever forked out for any train game related software.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

"Steam" route, there ain't even any steam.

Possibly the only route even more boring than Sandpatch.

Harold

They are scraping the barrel, more flawed Simugraph physics using the throttle as a speed setting, as noted no mention of any steam traction making an appearance. If DTG want to offer it free to those they cussed over with the cancellation of Flight Sim World, I might take a look otherwise the WSR is more than adequately catered for elsewhere.
    Vern.

Wonder how many people actually going to buy this, as this isn't a very desirable stretch of railway and the trains aren't that tempting either without a steam locomotive.

It is probably just quickly bashed together route to use the rolling stock commissioned in advance.

It it is just as as full of bugs and boring as the previous DTG efforts, it won't make them any money either and just add to the deficit and will be abandoned as soon as the next piece of DLC hits the Steam Store.

I have to share this link ....VERY "tongue in cheek"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYB3yyu0UrQ

To paraphrase Mark Twain "...reports of DTG's death have been greatly exaggerated"

Remember folk ....."only the good die young"
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

If DTG goes bust, TS20xx will go down with it.

I don't think another developer will want to pick this up, it is 10 years old, needs a major core overhaul to 64 bits etc. And if rumours are correct, DTG don't have all of the source code, so a new owner will have to start from scratch on many parts.

LOVE the funeral march Geoff!!! Perhaps that should be the menu music for the darn thing..... I didn't invest in TSW, but I do have a question of concern.

Suppose DTG does indeed go bye-bye at some point down the road? For those of us that have sims made by DTG, TSW & TS (fill in the date) be SOL? By that I mean will us users still be able to access the sim thru Steam? If not, has anyone been working on something that we can all bypass Steam to fire the sim up?

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that before Otto passed away he was working on a way to do some sort of bypass because he was sick and tired of not having a option to say yes/no on any updates.

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    I have to share this link ....VERY "tongue in cheek"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYB3yyu0UrQ

To paraphrase Mark Twain "...reports of DTG's death have been greatly exaggerated"

Remember folk ....."only the good die young"
    YT showing video as taken down.

I'm very surprised a "Downfall" take on DTG hasn't emerged yet!

Suppose DTG does indeed go bye-bye at some point down the road? For those of us that have sims made by DTG, TSW & TS (fill in the date) be SOL? By that I mean will us users still be able to access the sim thru Steam? If not, has anyone been working on something that we can all bypass Steam to fire the sim up?
    Well I would assume unless there was a big falling out the product would remain available to existing customers along with any DLC owned, but closed to new buyers as is happening with FSW. So no more patches or updates and if you were to create a freeware route using assets from a DLC, anyone not owning that would not be able to get hold of them.
    Vern.

Well, I guess someone got bent around the axle about the YT link??? Yeah. It wont come up now. It's a blank page.

EDIT UPDATE:

Vern, if you copy/paste the link into your browser, it will come up. Go figure.....