Thread: Reskinning problems - 'dark' or fading textures upon zooming out

Default Reskinning problems - 'dark' or fading textures upon zooming out

I'm trying to do a personal reskinning on the Class 390 (not the 2018 version) but I'm running into some problems. The textures produce this black color that appears as I move my camera away from the train (see screenshot; the farther carriages are showing this black color). I confirmed this is not an effect of being under the station (as in the case of my screenshot) as this is consistent even in daylight.
    20180504205120_1.jpg
    20180504205141_1.jpg
    What could have cause this? I've followed all steps in reskinning (e.g. saving in the correct file DXT5, etc). BTW, I used the installed LMS Class 390 trainset, cloned the folder and renamed it, and worked the respective textures from there.
    Thanks!

I don't remember exactly, it was years since I had this problem but I think it had something to do with mipmaps or the compression level. Most Railworks textures use DXT3 ARGB 8 bpp | explicit alpha as far as I know. Try exporting with that and generate mipmaps selected.

Quote Originally Posted by TSF43 View Post
    I don't remember exactly, it was years since I had this problem but I think it had something to do with mipmaps or the compression level. Most Railworks textures use DXT3 ARGB 8 bpp | explicit alpha as far as I know. Try exporting with that and generate mipmaps selected.
    This worked! I initially followed RWTools' advise on saving the file as a DXT5 type and I never thought on experimenting with saving it on different formats when I encountered the texture problems. Thanks!