Thread: Performance tweaks?

Default Performance tweaks?

Are there any performance tweaks other than lowering the graphics settings? Maybe some hidden settings in the config files.

I'm getting rather bad performance especially on the Just Trains Western Mainlines route some parts average 15FPS. I moved the files over to my SSD which made loading new parts of the map slightly faster but no difference in framerate.

Other games run fine so I don't think this is hardware related and older drivers don't seem to make a difference.

Code:
    Specs:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (x64) Build 16299.371
    Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K
    Memory: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 16GB @ 3200Mhz
    Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO
    GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal 12GB
    Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
    Thank you.

Gpu?

Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

At what resolution you play the game? HD or UHD?

Quote Originally Posted by peanutsQR View Post
    At what resolution you play the game? HD or UHD?
    1080P Medium settings on everything, tried low but its still the same. Seems to depend on the route.

Turn off dynamic lighting and max everything else. That's how I got it to run well on my POS. Honestly, it looks fine without dynamic lighting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TSF43 View Post
    Are there any performance tweaks other than lowering the graphics settings? Maybe some hidden settings in the config files.
    I'm getting rather bad performance especially on the Just Trains Western Mainlines route some parts average 15FPS. I moved the files over to my SSD which made loading new parts of the map slightly faster but no difference in framerate.
    Thank you.
    There's nothing wrong with your computer specs, this is how all of Just Trains routes run these days, they use heavy resource vegetation and 3D trees on their routes which destroy smooth playability, and I assume this is the 350 mile plus mega route from London to Cardiff and Exeter, you are talking about, which has been a bugbear for the vast majority of the community since it was first released. With the electrification catenary and other OHLE from Paddington being the first horror show, the rest of the layout is equally as bad, and it hasn't got any better over time, if you have a lot of patience you can exchange all the trees and vegetation for default DTG content which will help with frame rates, but, that's about a 4 hour job for the length of the route, it's up to you if you want to change stuff around, but, nothing that your computer can necessarily help you with, I'm afraid.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 05-16-2018 at 05:07 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

This may help rail-sim.de/forum/wsif/index.php/Entry/3296-Memory-saver/.
    GSync Monitor
    Process Lasso
    Armstrong Powerhouse Route Enhancement Pack.
    Windows OS TS 2018 on SSD. TS 2018 not installed in Program Files (x86) folder.
    pH