Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chessie System 50ft Box Car

Default Chessie System 50ft Box Car

I found another of my lost files I was working on and after looking at how bad the first, second, third, fourth was I had shoved them away and completely forgot about them. When I found the file this weekend I was like Yeah I know why I stopped trying.

But something inside told me to try again and after 2 more tries, I was able to get to this for the base tell me what you think of it?

new.jpg

Looks good to me.

Robert

Looks great. I like it

Hi...

Looks really good - I was just running and tweaking the old Sandpatch over the weekend - using BLW's SD-35 pack that I recently picked up... I need some better freight cars but this era is a bit out of my area of expertise...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi...

Looks really good - I was just running and tweaking the old Sandpatch over the weekend - using BLW's SD-35 pack that I recently picked up... I need some better freight cars but this era is a bit out of my area of expertise...

Regards,
    Scott
    Well that makes 2 of us and what cars I did replace broke every activity in the route, as the cars are of a different size than the MLT cars and it apparently broke the trains I have had no luck in repairing them so I left it. Granted when I redid the MSTS cars all with the SLI cars I had no issue.

So just be careful when you do replacements of MLT stock.

Finished 5 cars today. had to go back and repair a few tiny mistakes I noticed. Think they came out alright, sending them to testers today to see what they think.

Finished.jpg

Hi Michelle,

Really nice work - and a most welcome addition... Who's model is that ?

As mentioned - I've been enjoying my BLW Chessie SD-35 set lately but I'm not real happy with the way Gaetan chose to divide them up - it would cost a fortune to get all the Chessie stuff from the scattered packs - really prefer the packs where you can purchase an entire road with all the various equipment... Been contemplating painting some of my own based on Danny Beck's models as a cheaper solution - probably starting with a GP-30 (always liked that little hunchback as far as diesels go)...

I've reworked my ReShade preset and the Sandpatch looks pretty good with it - better than my first - IMHO - I'll send it your way if still interested and you are still using Monogame...

I can also send you some Distant Mountains I genned for the Patch as well - simply drop the Lo_Tiles in the route directory... I think it's a nice improvement... Let me know if interested...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Michelle,

Really nice work - and a most welcome addition... Who's model is that ?

As mentioned - I've been enjoying my BLW Chessie SD-35 set lately but I'm not real happy with the way Gaetan chose to divide them up - it would cost a fortune to get all the Chessie stuff from the scattered packs - really prefer the packs where you can purchase an entire road with all the various equipment... Been contemplating painting some of my own based on Danny Beck's models as a cheaper solution - probably starting with a GP-30 (always liked that little hunchback as far as diesels go)...

I've reworked my ReShade preset and the Sandpatch looks pretty good with it - better than my first - IMHO - I'll send it your way if still interested and you are still using Monogame...

I can also send you some Distant Mountains I genned for the Patch as well - simply drop the Lo_Tiles in the route directory... I think it's a nice improvement... Let me know if interested...

Regards,
    Scott
    Hey Scott,

I would love to have your presets and Distance Mountains for Sand Patch I did replace the rails with scale rail so that helped alot. All my models are SLI and this one came from the SLI CV box car I still have a CO set and WM set to make with it. This first set has 5 the CO set will be nearly Identical to the BO set since I can't find any of the Cars Yellow that do not have hand rails up the side so it tells me the blue scheme appeared after the roofs walks were removed and the Yellow cars painted into the blue. The WM cars I have even more of a issue I can plenty of sites that said WM had these cars but no number range or if they were solid blue or had the same yellow door and blue body as the other 2.

Drop me a email Scott [email protected]

Hi Michelle,

Email sent - you should probably remove your email address to keep it out of the hands of the spam scanners...

So which SLI set do I need to own to use your paints ?

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Michelle,

Your work is getting better with each release.... BUT

The one "fly in the ointment" is the use of SLI base models?

I was a huge SLI fan and their reskin policy was one of the main reasons. The trouble is that since Trainsimulations took over their catalogue so many of the really useful packs that SLI released have disappeared.

The coil cars you've done were excellent but many of us will never buy a pack just for one car, when for a few bucks more we can get a much more comprehensive pack from other payware sources

Freight equipment is pretty well covered in the freeware libraries and many of the developers of those models have new stuff sitting on their boxes in waiting.

Why not look at other base models?

This is not an issue of wanting free stuff. There have been freeware models withdrawn too. It just seems a shame to upload stuff that many may not be able to use because the original has been withdrawn?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK