Thread: Forest region adjustment

Default Forest region adjustment

Hi guys,

Could someone tell me if it's possible to adjust the up and down position of forest regions. I'm using some of Jean Brisson's trackside grass shapes in a route I'm building and I need to lower them a bit into the "ground". Thanks !!

Adjust forest region.jpg

To my knowledge, it is not possible to lower forest region objects into the ground, unless you modify the texture. Jean also made static object clumps of grass, which could be lowered into the ground a bit

It would be better to take one of Jeans clumps of grass shapes, put it in shapemanager, lower it a little and give it an offset away from center, then set it up as a gantry for fast deployment in a grid region.
    Rick
    http:\\mononrr.com
    MONON-2

Thanks for the response Travis and Rick, I think I'll just use those forest regions for distant scenes and use the static clumps for closer areas, there's enough variety to suit my needs.

There would be 2 things, to look for.

One, would be the "grass shapes" themselves, as "world objects".

Being "'world objects", you can highlight / select them, and raise, or, lower them, to better fit the ground. For the record, I always..."lower" all those trackside grass shapes, a tiny bit more, into the ground, by pressing the number "2" keypad key, while simultaneously pressing the "end" middle keypad key, for smoother changes / greater control.

Two : For the "forest blocks", themselves, this all "default" placement, by the Editor itself, and if the terrain is rugged, heavily "shaped", the "base", some of those, may appear as "floating in the air".

It always been like this, with "forest blocks", reason why, also, I use the "forest blocks". a good 50 meters away... from the track centerline, and use "world object" trackside grass shapes, to fill between there, and the side of the track's roadbed.

The combination of the two ( world objects + forest objects ) , gives satisfying results.

If all goes well, I may be able to release an entire Route, sometimes this summer, with of never-made-available-before, vegetation shapes ( and lots of other world objects, available for other builders, as well ).

Jean Brisson ( MSTS only ) Route Builder